Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cineworld Unlimited Card

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Etnies wrote: »
    Wasn't the IMAX there years before iSense? Maybe it's personal preference, I just prefer it, never thought it was blurry at all, I don't like 3D films, but Gravity was amazing.

Where Cineworld is now was originally a real IMAX cinema something like 20 years ago.

It was then closed and replaced by a 17 screen cinema, when UGC (Cineworld) took it over.

About 12 months ago, they turned screen 17 (by far the largest screen and the original location of the IMAX screen) back into an IMAX screen.

The original IMAX screen was a REAL IMAX screen that was absolutely monstrous, 50 or 60 feet high, it literally curved above you and used 70mm projectors.

The new screen is digital IMAX which is sort of fake IMAX, while the screen is larger then a standard cinema screen, it is about half the size of the original real IMAX screen!!

Cineworld IMAX or iSense are about the same size, however I find the Cineworld IMAX to be far better, I was totally underwhelmed by iSense.

The Cinewrold IMAX has sharper picture quality and sound, however the biggest problem with iSense is sight lines. The seat gradient is poor, so the heads of the people in front of you block the bottom of the screen. But worst of all the emergency exit doors are half way down the cinema and cast light into the cinema and is very distracting IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Not sure does it - would prefer the monthly as I see it going out each month and remind myself not to forget to get value out of it.

UK registration works fine - got it the week before last - had the cards sent to Belfast, and will pick them up at the weekend. Went to a three films so far. Third time getting the unlimited card - they now allow Internet booking with your card (one advance ticket at a time, though you can also book for someone else if you have their card number) - which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

bk wrote: »
    Where Cineworld is now was originally a real IMAX cinema something like 20 years ago.

It was then closed and replaced by a 17 screen cinema, when UGC (Cineworld) took it over.

About 12 months ago, they turned screen 17 (by far the largest screen and the original location of the IMAX screen) back into an IMAX screen.

The original IMAX screen was a REAL IMAX screen that was absolutely monstrous, 50 or 60 feet high, it literally curved above you and used 70mm projectors.

The new screen is digital IMAX which is sort of fake IMAX, while the screen is larger then a standard cinema screen, it is about half the size of the original real IMAX screen!!

Cineworld IMAX or iSense are about the same size, however I find the Cineworld IMAX to be far better, I was totally underwhelmed by iSense.

The Cinewrold IMAX has sharper picture quality and sound, however the biggest problem with iSense is sight lines. The seat gradient is poor, so the heads of the people in front of you block the bottom of the screen. But worst of all the emergency exit doors are half way down the cinema and cast light into the cinema and is very distracting IMO.

Thanks for the explanation.
    Where you sitting in the premium tired seating when at isense? And I really think it depends in where you sit with the lighting, I have got seats to the side where the light from the door was distracting but made sure not to sit there again, I must IMAX out again to compare the two when it's fresh in my mind.

Advertisement