Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate account to student account?

Options
  • 08-08-2008 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have a graduate account with Ulster bank that is still up and running but has actually just gone past its time limit (2 years). Im starting a full-time postgrad course in the UK in september- does anyone know if this would allow me to switch it back to a student account?
    I had a look at the T&C's on the UB website and they dont mention that your course must be undergrad or in Ireland.they do say you must be resident here but could I just keep my ROI address on my bank statements? I dont really want to ask the bank because it would draw their attention to the fact that the graduate account should be closed, so If anyone here knows you could save me that annoyance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Hi Mavish,

don't know if this is too late for you, but I think you should be fine as long as you keep your permanent residence in Ireland as this would be doing things in the "spirit" of a student account. However there may be legal issues reagrding residency if you are in ireland for less than a year (I do know it affects tax etc.)

One thing you might think of doing, if you want to keep your graduate account with UB, is perhaps opening a student account with another bank. That way, if there are any problems you can fall back on your UB graduate account. However, if it does work, you can either move your finances to the new bank or try UB for a student account (if another bank has no problem, then UB should have no problem).

As I said, doing it this way means you have nothing to lose (other than a small bit of time and paperwork)!

Advertisement