Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Recruitment Agencies Limerick?

Options
  • 08-08-2008 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hey Guys!

Hoping to move down to Limerick before Chrimbo! Just wondering if you have any experiences with any recruitment agencies in Limerick?
    I kinda need someone that will help me move out of the industry i'm in with the skills i have presently! Am i asking too much?

Mainly permanent, office based.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't know much about agencies, but I know different agencies cover different kinds of jobs. What is the industry you're in, and what skills do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

http://www.irishrecruitment.ie/

This crowd have a limerick branch and are quite good, a friend of mine got a placement through them.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

I'm in a outbound travel industry and i want to start getting away from it. Problem i have is that any of the skills i have are more related to the job i have and apart from my PLC college course i haven't much else to fall back on. I am look into doing some sort of college course at night, just need to figure out what i actually wanna do!

Just wondering if ppl found any particular agency helpful? I'm thinking i need someone with paticence!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Hansel

Try CPL. They're based on the doc road down by the Clarion. They found me my current job and were great in doing so. They kept in contact with me in the month's that i was job searching. I got at least weekly updates from them, which you won't get with most recruiters.
    www.recruitireland.com is a good site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I assume I can pimp my employer since the question was asked and I'm just offering some advice. ;)

http://www.bdorecruitment.com/consultants.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

DubLegs wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

Hoping to move down to Limerick before Chrimbo! Just wondering if you have any experiences with any recruitment agencies in Limerick?
    I kinda need someone that will help me move out of the industry i'm in with the skills i have presently! Am i asking too much?

Mainly permanent, office based.

Thanks
    The best recruitment office is La Creme on Henry St.
    Whatever you do, steer clear of O'Neill & Brennan recruitment on Pery Square. Both me and my friend have had very bad experiences in there, not such nice people to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 nicfd

grenache wrote: »
    The best recruitment office is La Creme on Henry St.
    Whatever you do, steer clear of O'Neill & Brennan recruitment on Pery Square. Both me and my friend have had very bad experiences in there, not such nice people to deal with.

Hey, I've just moved to limerick and have found the following:

Couldnt agree more about o'neill and brennan. went to meet with them when i moved to limerick. they left me sitting there for the guts of an hour before i left as nobody came to meet me!

I highly recommend la creme - part of the premier group. the crew there are brilliant and make you feel really important.

also, i found richmond recruitment and peach recruitment (they're in shannon) really good for setting up temping jobs while on the hunt for a full time job.

Lastly, if you register with ACR Recruitment you'll probably find them really good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The missus thinks La Creme is great, so another +1 there. Also a -1 for ONeill and Brennan.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

Try TRIL on o connell st limerick city,just a few doors up from the belltable!i know alot people who had bad expieriences with o niell and brennan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

The problem with recruitment agencies is it depends which recruiter you get. Some are great, some are ****. As a result of this, I've heard horror stories and compliments about every recruitment company!

So the best thing to do is to fire your CV off to all of them. :)

I run a website called http://www.limerickjobs.ie. Basically it is a central database of (nearly) all jobs in Limerick. It doesn't make any money :( but I think it is useful if you're looking for a job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

thanks a million for your replies!

i guess i'm just going to hang in for a few more months in Dublin til i have a bit saved up for the move but will definitely use your suggestions! Here's hoping i find something in a few months.

Advertisement