Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redundancy question.

• 08-08-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

My boyfriend is an electrician who has been made redundant. He worked for the company for 8 years(apprenticeship included). Today is his last day working for them and his boss hands him his redundany check today- for e2800!! From calculations we have made we reckon he is entitled to way more than that-almost double. What should he do?? Also is he entitled to redundancy for all 8 years or just the years he has been qualified??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

He should contact the Dept of Enterprise, trade & employment and talk to someone there. Was he let go for a few weeks after he finished his apprenticeship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ASIL1983

No he has worked with them continuously since 2000. From the Departments website it seems that the employer has to fill out a form called RP50 which i dont think he has done-he just gave him a cheque. My boyf is going into Citizens Advice on Monday but he is really nervous about having to bring this up with his boss cos he gets on well with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

ASIL1983 wrote: »
    My boyfriend is an electrician who has been made redundant. He worked for the company for 8 years(apprenticeship included). Today is his last day working for them and his boss hands him his redundany check today- for e2800!! From calculations we have made we reckon he is entitled to way more than that-almost double. What should he do?? Also is he entitled to redundancy for all 8 years or just the years he has been qualified??

https://redundancy.entemp.ie/rpsportal/initialiseRedundancyCalculatorAction.do?locale=en
    This will give the exact amount that he is due. Calculate the total and then contact dept. Enterpirse Trade & Employment.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/employment/unemployment-and-redundancy/redundancy
    This gives information on redundancy payments and who is entitled.

He is def due more than €2800!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

The employer is due a rebate of 60% of the total rebate back from the Dept of Enterprise by the employer part of the RP50 form, they have to issue the full redundancy owed and get your boyfriend to signh that form and then they can claim back the 60% owed - they have to issue him the RP50 form to put it all in motion, I'd definitly get hom to call/email or go into the department of Trade and Enterprise - have to agree - he's owed alot more than €2800.

Good luck really hope he gets sorted

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Period of an apprenticeship is not necessarily included. EUR2,800 is a bit ridiculous though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement