Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BEYONCE GETS DYED!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I don't think they did. It's just different lighting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i've never seen beyonce look as dark as she does in the second picture... weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Soooo dodge. Surprised they put out a statement so quickly denying it tbh. There was a similar brouhaha a few years ago when Vanity Fair were accused of doing the same thing and denied it. This is more blatant though - it took me a few seconds to twig that it was Beyoncé in the pic the first time I saw it. Sends a pretty ****ty message to young black kids if it's true ["Hey kids, want to be famous, get make-up deals and get on to the cover of magazine?! Gotta whiten up first!"].

Beyonce460.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Well, she was never really dark anyways [like African]

So theres loads of stuff that'd affect that: Lighting, make-up, Post processing [like brightness/contrast etc as opposed to actually tryin to make her lighter]

In the above comparison, that was more of a Pap shot, and she prob did her own makeup/went darker to compensate for heavy flash

it wouldnt be so -hafta-plan-ahead for a shoot

makin somethin outta nothin TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

No big deal. They're just trying to make her look more attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Her hair is hardly a typical black womans either. It's a wig like. I don't see the big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Don't see the big deal, how many women wear fake tan to make themselves browner? What's the difference??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I don't see anyone making the same complaint against Michael Jackson and he's been role model for children for...er....wait no, that's wrong. But I know it involves children somehow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

She looks better darker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Looks more like different lighting and white balance to me tbh - The flash in the first is most likely on camera flash, direct, with little or no diffusion, so it'll give harsher shadows.

The second is in studio, using much softer lighting, and a lot more of it.

Photoshop-wise, the first will have little done to it, the second will have plenty of corrections and skin softening - Look at her neck for example - her jawbone is much much more pronounced. It's easy to cause sensationalism with topics like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://wakeywakeynews.com/21753/has-beyonce-knowles-been-hiding-in-the-shadows-or-been-bleaching-her-skin

Beyonce-Knowles-bleached-skin-300x188.jpg

With her bleached blonde hair and pale skin, Beyonce Knowles is barely recognizable in this picture!
    Showing off her long legs in a pair of £635 Christian Louboutin heels, the star looked so different that the photograph has sparked false speculation she may have bleached her skin.
    Along with her face and hands, even her legs appear significantly lighter that we’ve seem them before.
    The photograph caused a flurry of activity on Twitter, with fans debating her new look.
    One said: “Why in the Lords name would Beyonce bleach her skin?” and jumping to her defence, another tweeted: “I doubt Beyonce would bleach her skin, guys. I think she is proud of her race.”
    Skin expert Dr Sunil Chopra of the London Dermatology Center said: “The most effective skin lightening agents are hydroquinone and kojic acid creams.
    “But it cannot be used over the whole body. It is very unlikely she has had her skin bleached in this way.”
    So it looks as if the singing sensation’s pale skin us just down to a trick of light, or lack of it.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HAZEL BLOGSTAR

unreggd wrote: »
    Well, she was never really dark anyways [like African]

So theres loads of stuff that'd affect that: Lighting, make-up, Post processing [like brightness/contrast etc as opposed to actually tryin to make her lighter]

In the above comparison, that was more of a Pap shot, and she prob did her own makeup/went darker to compensate for heavy flash

it wouldnt be so -hafta-plan-ahead for a shoot

makin somethin outta nothin TBH

there are so many light skinned africans...i guess you probably ignorant..anyway if you look at beyonce during her days in destinys child she was dark and mind you her parents are black...so i dont understand your notions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Stargal wrote: »
    Soooo dodge. Surprised they put out a statement so quickly denying it tbh. There was a similar brouhaha a few years ago when Vanity Fair were accused of doing the same thing and denied it. This is more blatant though - it took me a few seconds to twig that it was Beyoncé in the pic the first time I saw it. Sends a pretty ****ty message to young black kids if it's true ["Hey kids, want to be famous, get make-up deals and get on to the cover of magazine?! Gotta whiten up first!"].

Beyonce460.jpg
    It's the opposite for white people - they have to go darker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 UnklePhil

why not? they already remove the bags from under her eyes & touch up everything else.

I think she'd look good in blue :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

beyonce-dangerously-in-love-del-2003-delantera.jpg

Beyonce-Knowles-bleached-skin.jpg

i see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

It could be as simple as a tan you conspiracy theorists!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 iamjesus

dude plaese everyone bleaches and tans lol
    its just a matter of findind which team u on ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

yes exactly?!?!? Seriously wtf? haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Auction in Action

No big deal just another done deal for Beyonce as in the big buck in black and white. And she is really not dark as in dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

She has been doing the Michael Jackson Voodoo.

Advertisement