Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonnage On Roads? Signs?

Options
  • 08-08-2008 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Came out of Leisureland this morning after training and was cycling down lower Salthill ( Prom Side ) towards GTI and i happened to notice road signs about the Tonnage of HGV's ( Heavy Goods Vehicles ) like "2.5t ends here" etc, has anybody else noticed these? Are they fairly recent?
    Is it because the roads around Salthill are fairly knackered? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Steyr wrote: »
    Came out of Leisureland this morning after training and was cycling down lower Salthill ( Prom Side ) towards GTI and i happened to notice road signs about the Tonnage of HGV's ( Heavy Goods Vehicles ) like "2.5t ends here" etc, has anybody else noticed these? Are they fairly recent?
    Is it because the roads around Salthill are fairly knackered? :P
    Usualy refers to parking

most places try to reduce the amount of trucks parking up overnite with signs like this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I've only noticed these in the last week. I reckon it's to stop the fella who runs the Truck Driving school from parking up on the road every night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The city council has passed a by-law after complaints about lorries parking on the prom at night and weekends. Salthill is a tourist spot apparently. A motorist died earlier this year after crashing into a parked concrete truck parked there which finally prompted action.

Honestly Steyr, you should pay more attention to your local authority :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Cheers guys, Pay more attention to the people who put up a jet ski law that you cant enforce on Galway Bay:pac:

Advertisement