Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navy dress....what accessories??

• 08-08-2008 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, im going to a wedding at the end of August. I got a navy dress to wear. the dress is very simple...simply navy silk,with navy flowers embroidered into it. What colour accessories would you recommend to wear with it? and is it hard to find navy shoes???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Silver strappy sandals and silver jewelery..??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Definitely silver. My sister in law wore a navy dress with silver accessories to a wedding recently and it looked really luxurious and expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Or pale gold or a rich purple, sounds mad but would look great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

The first colour that came into my head was white. If you're tanned or getting tan done i think that would look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭coco85

My friend bought a navy and white dress for a ball and cant find navy shoes. We have been all over looking for navy shoes and unless you are willing to pay over 100 euro you will not find them!

I'd go with silver sandles...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

a pale yellow will go, keep it minimal as it will act as an accent to the dress, it will be alot warmer than silver, although silver will look well it'll cool down the outfit, a pale yellow will warm it up. contrasting colours rather than colours that blend in,

just my 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Sounds like a cute number - 40's look would really set it off. keep it classy and simple with one funky key piece could be a striking Clutch bag. Navy is big this year so ya will hopefully pick up a pair if not (with the fear of being predictable) Topshop have amazing vintage class shoes at moment or Premoli always has some beauts- low instep open toes are always flaterring and elongate legs. If you kept it all navy and red tights / clutch or shoes would be class (I think) If you have good legs skin colour stockings with seams would be great.
    If not contrast as suggested above light gold silver purple peach orange red pink ..... bring it together with jewelery
    Maybe pearls?

Try traditional set waves (like in granny photos)

simple make up keying 1 feature dramatic eyes or bright lippy.

Oh And strike a smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nickyharris

Well done for picking a right on trend colour. Remember how the rules were broken when we put pinks and orange together? Well, this season it's all about teaming navy with black and grey. Pick up a grey clutch bag in house of Fraser, team with black shoes and a grey cardi or jacket either sleeveless or with sleeves depending on the dress. Go for black or navy opaque tights in at least a 50 denier. If you combine the dress with black and or grey you will be absolutely up to the minute In Fashion and much less likely to look like a pre-Christmas tree! Enjoy the wedding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I wore a navy dress to a wedding in the summer and wore coral pink accessories- shoes, bag and fascinator. Don't know if coral pink is still in for Autumn though. Navy shoes are impossible to find so don't bother lookin- Dunnes & M& S are the only places I could find them and they were clumpy work shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭JTC83

+1 for either purple or pale yellow. Either one adds an eye-catching element, and brighten up what can otherwise be a very dark outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Something a little unexpected, like yellow or pale blue or maybe some shade of pink.

Personally I wouldn't go for red or white, I hate the whole "nautical" theme.

Where did you get the dress, is there a picture of it online maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I think the wedding might be over. It was over a year ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Red wuda been class !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think we can safely say that the OP sorted her problem out. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement