Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice

Options
  • 08-08-2008 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

I was thinking about getting a stud just below the centre of my lip...do u think it suits boys? oh ye, and where is a gd piercing shop in Dublin? Thanks in advance...:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what lip? we have two last time i checked.

in my personal opinion i don't think lip studs suit guys at all. but that's what great about piercing it's yours not no one elses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Cremo wrote: »
    what lip? we have two last time i checked.

in my personal opinion i don't think lip studs suit guys at all. but that's what great about piercing it's yours not no one elses.

yes, you're right:pac:lower lip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Warhammer

ive seen loads of guys with lower lip piercings.
    Nothng wrong for a guy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Personally I'm not too gone on the center for lip piercings to be honest, the sides look really good especially with rings for me at least. That's just me though.

But hey, its your piercing so get what you want. Of course they suit guys, its not unusual nowadays for guys to have labret piercings either. I got mine done in Metal Morphosis by the guy with dreads. He was really sound about it all, and did a great job. Don't go to a cheap place as its vital you're pierced accurately especially when it comes to a lip piercing as a poorly executed one will result in gum recession and possibly tooth erosion, which you obviously won't be happy with.

However don't let that put you off as long as you go to a decent place you'll be fine. There are so many good places to get it done in Dublin, so go wild. Have fun, and show us how it turns out if you decide to go through with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

nothing wrong with it on males. i have it done. a spike in atm and have been complemnted on it and serveral occations.
    id go to snakebite on abby st, ether of the wildcats or bodyshock

paddy in bodyshock did mine over a year ago and no probs . i have a tiny bit of gum recession on one tooth but its stoped and i think thats more to do with me smoking then anything.

for me i prefare the spike then a ball. but everyones differnt.

gl with your priecing mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

personally, depending on your general style/personality and facial featurse, i find that different piercings suit different people, but if you wana get it, go for it... personbally, im a fan of them, and i think it's raziel's im thinking of, but there is someone on here with it done, and a spike in, and it looks absoilutelyu awesome.

ehm, sorry for my tpying.. it's ****ING COLD and my fingers arent working as proficiently as they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

A labret spike is something I've often thought about getting, but have been put off by worries of gum/tooth erosion, and how it may cause difficulties shaving...

(Also because I've a soul patch, and don't want to have to shave it off!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭God Of Radio

I think its a matter of age, mate. You wouldn't wanna be 50 with that type of piercing, but as a lad you should feel free as long as your job permits. Post pics of it after you go through with it. It hurts like a BITCH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

It hurts like a BITCH!

Its not that bad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

pe-cze wrote: »
    Its not that bad :P

My lip hurt like hell, and people said it wouldnt! :(
    haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

CianRyan wrote: »
    My lip hurt like hell, and people said it wouldnt! :(
    haha

Well, everyone is different ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I think its a matter of age, mate. You wouldn't wanna be 50 with that type of piercing, but as a lad you should feel free as long as your job permits.

yeah man, soon as you hit 35 all that sh!t has got to come out, don't want to look like a fool on the golf course do you? :rolleyes:

how does one apply this theory to tattoos?

hot2def wrote: »
    yeah man, soon as you hit 35 all that sh!t has got to come out, don't want to look like a fool on the golf course do you? :rolleyes:

how does one apply this theory to tattoos?

Heaven forbid that someone would be an interesting older person... ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heaven forbid that someone would be an interesting older person... ;)

Thats it in one-we`re all going to be boring old farts with all our mods removed and all our ink lazered off ;);)

Screw lazer, a few seconds in an acid bath and you've got a whole body scarification ;)

Maybe use wax to cover where you don't want the acid to eat in, and make some nice work ;)

* DO NOT TRY THIS!!!! *

Advertisement