Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card fraud

Options
  • 08-08-2008 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

Tried to use my credit card (aib mastercard I've had for 6 years) recently. Didn't work. Checked online banking and saw two huge separate uses of it by something called E.CARD NET in late July, maxing out my limit. Rang the AIB credit card line who asked me a few questions, cancelled my card and said they'd pass it on to their fraud dept who would get in contact with me.

I bought a few things online during July, through paypal and apparently reputable dealers. I'm not thick enough to fall for spam emails. I never enter my details unless I'm purchasing something.

Considering my income, it is quite a serious amount of money, more than I can afford. Does anybody know how long it will take for this fraud dept. to get in touch? What is the likelihood it will be sorted out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you haven't heard from them, follow it up with another call and see if you can get a status update.

If nessecary, ask to speak to them directly - or for a call back - note the agents name and if you want you can ask for an extension number or staff number so that you have a reference to follow up with should you need to.

I've split this into a thread of it's own as it's not an ATM fraud issue nessecarily.

Advertisement