Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When a thread is locked can the padlocker please give an explanation

Options
  • 08-08-2008 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I could hazzard a guess and I didnt close it.

But I agree, a post should always be put in regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Unless it's blindingly obvious why it's being locked - so obvious that posting an explanation would be like telling all the other users they're stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Dudess wrote: »
    Unless it's blindingly obvious why it's being locked - so obvious that posting an explanation would be like telling all the other users they're stupid.
    It's AH...

We're all stupid in there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Jeez.
    You need an explaination as to why that thread was closed?!
    *boggle*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

First question: Are you really clueless as to why that particular thread was locked?

Next question: Really?

For what it's worth, I agree with you. I think I should explain by means of series of photographs with sock puppets and cut-out speech bubbles explaining why a thread was locked. No need to hit the "thanks", I'm here to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

In before lock.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm locking this thread now because I think..
    /cough
    /splutter
    /falls over...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement