Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roma match

Options
  • 08-08-2008 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

roma is on in frazers on sunday @3pm oconnell st

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sligo Spur

Also on Spurs tv

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Goals are here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Goals are here

Saw the goals but didnt see the whole game, how did we play. Would'nt have thought Jenas / Modric would be strong enough in the middle will it, I assume Jenas sat in front of the back 4 and Modric pushed on ? Was it a straight forward 442 or was it 4231 with Berba behind bent ?

BAE geting plenty of minutes, will he start ahead of Bale ? im not too confident with zokora at right full for Sat, downing could take him to the cleaners !! Whats the crack with Hutton, is he crocked, he has hardly kicked a ball in pre season ? Will King and woodgate both play on Sat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Whole lot of questions there :D

Hutton injured but back in a few weeks.

Zokora has been effective at RB (certainly what I saw in Rotterdam).

Didn't watch yesterday, but Jenas and Modric were very effective vs Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Im still not convinced of us defensively lads. Zokora for me will struggle at right full against decent sides, and I still think we need a centre half as Im not too sure wether ledley and woodgate can last the pace of a full season, I hope Im wrong !! And in midfield, jenas and modric are a bit lightweight, we still lack a good defensive midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Im still not convinced of us defensively lads. Zokora for me will struggle at right full against decent sides, and I still think we need a centre half as Im not too sure wether ledley and woodgate can last the pace of a full season, I hope Im wrong !! And in midfield, jenas and modric are a bit lightweight, we still lack a good defensive midfielder.

I agree in a perfect world we would be able to sign exactly this along with a Top Class Striker in Case Bent is Not as good as he's looking. having said that i'm alot more optimistic then i was say when we sold Robbie and everyone seemed on the way out

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

Good pre-season performances might not be much to go on. But at least they're a lot better than poor pre-season.

I suppose it's that time of the year for a spurs fan to go... I'm feeling good about next season, we're gonna make some progress.

Advertisement