Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

storm cinemas Naas.

• 08-08-2008 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

I know there was an epic thread on this subject but...
    Just got back from watching batman and have to say, it was a pleasent experience. I parked at woodies and indured the 3 minute stroll rather than pay for parking(its not the money, it the principle), no major queing(although i could have easily walked in without payin at all), no disruptions from the kids in the theatre and a noticable presence of attendants checking,No issues with the infamous projector.

maybe they've sorted their problems! I'll be going back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Nice to hear something positive. Have been here a good few times since it opened and I've never had a bad experience. Would like to see it promoted further seeing as its the only cinema in kildare asaik.

Still waiting on the Newbridge Cinema saga to actually result in a fully constructed cinema but I'm not holding my breath!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

The place is a dump - the staff are all just unhelpful kids just earning the minimum wage.

The biggest joke is when you prebook your tickets and pay a €1.50 pre-booking fee and then you have to join the popcorn queue to collect your tickets

It is NEVER clean - always stinks of stale popcorn and food. The toilets stink of piss -DO NOT BRING YOUNG KIDS HERE

Your car is not safe in the car park - My brother is a Garda in Naas, and spends alot of his time in that carpark dealing with keyed cars and broken windows.

Not to mention the 30 min queue to get out though the ONE barrier.

Go to Liffey Valley - 15 mins longer drive but much better

THESE GUYS DESERVE TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS - We will not pay for sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

My experiences have all been the same as the poster above me, and hell will freeze over before you catch me giving them my hard earned money again, but i have heard from a few people that it has improved a lot recently. Not sure if its true or not about it being bought out by UCI, but that would make a huge difference if it was. Still wouldnt get me going there tho, bring back Dara i say!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

I know someone that works there so to answer some points
    stek wrote: »
    I parked at woodies and indured the 3 minute stroll rather than pay for parking(its not the money, it the principle),

Lol the most common thing complained about the car park is privately owned and storm can't do anything about it,best deal they could do with the owner was to get a reduced price,staff are sick of hearing about it because people still complain like its storms fault.
    muletide wrote: »
    The place is a dump - the staff are all just unhelpful kids just earning the minimum wage.

The biggest joke is when you prebook your tickets and pay a €1.50 pre-booking fee and then you have to join the popcorn queue to collect your tickets

They've gotten rid of a lot of under 18's very few kids working there now and there not paid minimum wage,there paid a few cent higher :) €6.97 per hour is there starting wage.You do realize theres a machine to collect your tickets from if you bring the card that you used to purchase the tickets....
    djimi wrote: »
    Not sure if its true or not about it being bought out by UCI, but that would make a huge difference if it was.

Can't recall who bought them over but UCI are the company thats been contracted to run the storm cinemas and nothing has changed at the cinema,same staff, same procedures no changes.

To the people that are actually serious about complaining about storm wright a letter to the head office,giving out to the staff will do absolutely nothing,they've complained as well and nothing was changed either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

Theres actually a machine mounted on the wall to collect your tickets! and its 60c per ticket

Your car is not safe in the car park - My brother is a Garda in Naas, and spends alot of his time in that carpark dealing with keyed cars and broken windows.
    Not to mention the 30 min queue to get out though the ONE barrier.
    thats bull****, not once in the last 6 months have i heard a complaint about that or have i seen the gardai around other than to deal with stupid drunken teenagers after we kick them out. the cinema takes no responsability for the car park,the reason you have to pay for it is because of the hotel the most that can be done is the price reduced to 1 euro for 2.5 hours.

It was bought over by odeon who are also over UCI but there have been no changes at all since the takeover and there are no intended changes (known to staff anyway).

and unhelpful kids?
    we may be young, most 18 or around that but we do our best to unsure customers are looked after. the problem is because all the staff are young, people assume we cant do our job properly or are too immature or too young. get over yourself, seriously you cant tar us all with the same brush!

• Advertisement
Advertisement