Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrick-on-Suir

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AngieD

hey! Is anyone from Carrick fimilar with Christy McGrath the jump jockey from Carrick that was wrongfully convicted for murdering that Englishman? Or rather any updates?! Last I heard he was in midlands prison (still after 10 years) anyone hear if he'll get out early, or at least paroled? The case seems to have dropped off the face of the earth about 2-3 years ago??? Just curious in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

AngieD wrote: »

I've since heard Carrick is a very inbred area, people saying to me, "don't you notice how everyone has brown hair, round faces, similar eyes etc.."?:eek: Then it all made perfect sense to me!! Sorry if I offended anyone, just my experience and after I was treated like crap I left with a pretty bad taste for the place.

What a load of ****!

Cmon, gotta get a sense of humor!! I was makin fun of myself - saying they must be inbred or something if they don't like me! Get it... Or maybe it was factual!!! Lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

AngieD wrote: »
    hey! Is anyone from Carrick fimilar with Christy McGrath the jump jockey from Carrick that was wrongfully convicted for murdering that Englishman? Or rather any updates?! Last I heard he was in midlands prison (still after 10 years) anyone hear if he'll get out early, or at least paroled? The case seems to have dropped off the face of the earth about 2-3 years ago??? Just curious in Dublin.
    dont think anyone is gonna tell you now after that " inbred" comment. it was one person you had the fight with. and a few of her friend sdidnt talk to you after it. and now you tar us all witht the one brush. shame on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Oh Carrick - light of my heart...not Aprils fools day yet there is it?

• Advertisement

I always found Carrick a tidy town when passing by. A town with enormous potential. i know a few nice people from there. Definitely in need of a bit of regeneration in some areas.

AngieD wrote:

Then I made one person unhappy - only one!! Well in days the Practically whole town hated me and started crazy rumors, etc.. Needless to say I had to move.
    AngieD wrote:

I've since heard Carrick is a very inbred area, people saying to me, "don't you notice how everyone has brown hair, round faces, similar eyes etc.."? Then it all made perfect sense to me!! Sorry if I offended anyone, just my experience and after I was treated like crap I left with a pretty bad taste for the place.

Now i cant think of any reason from your post why someone like you mightn't fit in somewhere :rolleyes:

I really did not mean to offend anyone with my post, and apparently it has. I'm sorry it was in bad taste and just stupid. At the time I thought I was just being funny, you know goofy, stupid??

I want to delete my original post but I can't find out how to do so, and I just want to hurry up and get it off because I don't want to upset anyone else with my poor choice of comments.

I'd be much grateful if anyone would advise on how to delete it.

Many thanks,
    AngieD

I found out I have to contact the boards and have them remove my post, if it's been on longer than 48 hours you can't do it on your own.

Oh! But I forgot to mention the reason I was living in carrick is because of my family there, numerous cousins, 2 aunties and uncles and both my grandparents - so I obviously was kidding or I'd be calling my own family inbred, therefore myself!!!

Didn't the Rolling stones sing a song about you? Or was that Angie who lived at the butt of the black hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Does anyone have an update on Christy McGrath - last I heard was that he was to be transfered to an Irish prison at early 2007 I think.

• Advertisement

jellybabes wrote: »
    you wonder why people turned on you miss inocent with an intrest in the jockey lol yeah i wonder why you are a bad apple that we dont need in our town stay in dublin r better again america for yourself girl your only trouble and a bit taped in the head with all the lies and trouble u caused your dangerous

i dont agree with what angie said either regarding the inbred remark, but so what if she has an interest in 'the jockey' as you put it?
    You weren't there to say whether he was innocent or guilty so i dont know where you get off with the insinuation that.....
    you wonder why people turned on you miss inocent with an intrest in the jockey lol

the girl made stupid remarks but has made efforts to apologise so maybe some of the rest of us could be a bit grown up about it too and accept it and move on, now what do you say to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I agree with ya tipp...I am sure we all have posted silly stuff on forums during our trips around this interwebby thing...Let he who has no sin etc...

I appreciate the 2 above post(s). I seriously have bugged the boards to delete the first comment that I meant as a joke but shouldn't have ever said - it was a really diabolical thng for me to say. I'd been on the grog a bit that night and my sense of humor was massivelyimpaired!! I've since received a pm eatin me head off bout Christy McGrath question; apparently Christy had a fiancé from America whose name is Angela, the person who sent me the MSG accused me of having a way on and being that Angela. It is an odd coincidence, name close and lived in America. However I am not born in America, just lived there and defenitly not that person. I'm just an old pal of Christys from ages back and hadn't heard from him since the since he was in the papers for some scandal with his fiancé and I'm worried he was in some trouble for it??? That's basically in a nutshell as to what I was askng. Many thanks!
    DT100 wrote: »
    I agree with ya tipp...I am sure we all have posted silly stuff on forums during our trips around this interwebby thing...Let he who has no sin etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I live in Carrick but I found since having kids. I would much prefer to live somewhere else as the playground is a disgrace, it is dirty, I don't bring my kids there anymore, I go to Clonmel, Moincoin or Waterford for playground, childminders in Carrick are a joke (they either charge you a bomb or let you down at the last moment), luckily a few creches/afterschool care have opened last year, I wasn't impressed with any of the primary schools either. Apart the kids side, I did not mind before living in Carrick
    my wife is a childminder with over 20 experence never over charged or let onyone down. So dont judge a book by its cover

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Holly Johnson Americanos Lyrics:
    There's a place where a
    kid without a cent
    He can grow up to be president.
    A magic kingdom filled
    with Barbie dolls

If you've got the time we can
    make it a good time.

Americanos - Blue Jeans and Chinos

Coke
    Pepsi and Oreos - Americanos.