Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

True Norwegian Black Metal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

hmmm some of his views were interesting, though the last vid was somewhat amusing, the american dude made a funny summarization of it, also the trance like state was ridiculous, for a second I thought the video was looping, the question was so inane, guide me, that was pretty much looking for a negative reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I actually thought he was going to kill yer man right there and then at the end when he said guide me, i did get the idea that the interviewer didn't really listen to what Gaal was saying as "guide me" was there wrong choice of words to chose ! Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

The dude couldn't be that stupid to say it could he?, I mean after everything ghaal was talking about, finding your own path, etc...It could have been rehearsed, for a laugh so it that it would end with Ghaal looking really evil and scary. They were on good terms it seems before that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It was an interesting interview, but why was it called "True Norwegian Black Metal" when it was simply an interview with Ghaal?

Anyway, he's a very interesting character, and a terrific painter, but Ghaal epitomises what I hate about Black Metal; the attitude, ideal and message above the music. For me, it's the music or nothing, and that's the reason that Gorgoroth remain an incredibly mediocre band. There's been some absolutely incredible bands to have come from the Norwegian Black Metal scene, such as Emperor, Arcturus or Enslaved, who've all come out with inspiring and creative music, but Gorgoroth have just made dull and by the numbers music.

No amount of posturing and proclaiming yourself a warrior is going to cover up for your unoriginal and boring music. So yeah, an interview with Ghaal may indeed be extremely interesting, but his music still sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah i was never a fan of their music either, when they were saying "Its about the message, not the music" a couple of times I was just left thinking "But what if your music is pants, I'm not gonna sit around and listen to the 'message'".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Yeah i was never a fan of their music either, when they were saying "Its about the message, not the music" a couple of times I was just left thinking "But what if your music is pants, I'm not gonna sit around and listen to the 'message'".

I have one of their albums, Twilight of the Idols, and it's nothing that the likes of Darkthrone or Marduk haven't done before, and done better. Yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

It was an interesting interview, but why was it called "True Norwegian Black Metal" when it was simply an interview with Ghaal?

Because it was referring to Gorgoroth's new album of the same name, not really about the history/ otherwise of TNBM.

Advertisement