Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speedo Question

• 08-08-2008 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Speedo went on my KLE a few weeks ago. I just guessed it was the cable as its done 98k. Anyway after waiting two weeks for a new cable I have just replaced it and its stll not working. Anybody any thoughts?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Whats a kle? never heard of one
    dose it run off the front wheel or engine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd suggest degreasing your speedo drive and regreasing it.

Sometimes they can get clogged with grit and the gear's seize.

However I've never owned a Kawasaki KLE so not familiar with it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Kat1170

When you took out the old cable was it damaged/snapped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Forgive me as I know this is off topic, but....when I read the title of this thread, the following question popped into my head:

"Why is he posting about speedo's here? This isn't the swimming forum."

Yes, I need coffee. Lots of it.

As for Limerick Bandit's question, I believe this is a KLE, though there are quite a few variations it seems.

My%2520KLE400.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Cheers for the replies guys,

Yes that is indeed a KLE a tad older than mine. Thanksfully I have never been since in Speedos Crazyrabbit, and if I was I wouldn't be posting it about it here;)

To answer everybodies questions, when I replaced it the old once seemed well oiled and no clear since of damage.

When you say speedo drive your refering to the part on the wheel where the cable connects to Marit? Sorry I'm not the best at this type of stuff. I have a look at it and give it a try.

I picked up a newtransalp [well 97 new to me] and they got the collection dates mixed up it also need a new speedo drive, but it wasn't done as they thought I wasn't collecting it until next Thursday. So now I have two bikes both with no speedos!!!!!!! At least I will have the transalp sorted next week

• Advertisement

Disconnect the cable from the Speedo drive and push the bike a little and see if inside the Speedo drive is turning if it is then it’s not your Speedo drive that will eliminate 1 part.

Disconnect the cable from the Speedo drive and push the bike a little and see if inside the Speedo drive is turning if it is then it’s not your Speedo drive that will eliminate 1 part.

Cheers mate. I not sure which is the drive? The part you connect at the wheel or speedo itself. If I disconnect it at the speedo
    it still turns. Does that mean I need a new clock?

Odysseus wrote: »
    Cheers mate. I not sure which is the drive? The part you connect at the wheel or speedo itself. If I disconnect it at the speedo
    it still turns. Does that mean I need a new clock?

So when you disconnect it from the Speedo and move the bike the inner cable turns?

How old is the bike?
    Make sure when you connect the cable that the inner cable is inserted in the clock properly these clocks rarely give trouble.

So when you disconnect it from the Speedo and move the bike the inner cable turns?

How old is the bike?
    Make sure when you connect the cable that the inner cable is inserted in the clock properly these clocks rarely give trouble.

Yes it turns fine. The bike will be four years this Oct, but its a work horse used for commuting hence the 98k on the clock.

I'll do as you suggested and disconnect and reconnect the cable to the speedo. It a pain in the hole to do remove part of the fairing and even with that access to the underside of the speedo is very poor. Thanks alot for your help mate I'm not the best at stuff like this.

It was a big thing for me to prime the scott oiler on the transalp today, last owner had let it run dry, I thought it would be a case of just filling it and taking it for a spin, but at least I got some instructions on the net.

I need to do a maintenance course at some stage and try to learn a bit. I let you known how I get on with it. Cheers again.,

Advertisement