Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to keep me calm from 05:30 18/8/08

Options
  • 08-08-2008 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

looking for about 30 suggestions of things to occupy myself while I wait for 06:00

05:30 pace the kitchen watching the olympics, perhaps this race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs4lbNPiat0

05:31

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

5:30 Be asleep
    5:31 Be asleep
    5:32 Be asleep
    5:57 Be asleep
    5:58 Activate computer
    6:00 Success!

Or just listen to lots of good music and dance around, it'll take your mind off it. Video games? They're always handy. Angry debate on the internet? Fairly distracting. Youtube videos? God knows you could lose hours of your life. A really gripping film, perhaps? Something you know you'll get really into. Just something to keep your mind off it really! Makes the time go faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Angry debate on the internet? .
    Or even a mastur-debate? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

get a job. i've been looking for a job for the past two weeks and time has flew by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Peleus wrote: »
    get a job. i've been looking for a job for the past two weeks and time has flew by.
    Tried that at the start of the summer, was time consuming and got nowhere...
    Or just listen to lots of good music and dance around, it'll take your mind off it. Video games? They're always handy. Angry debate on the internet? Fairly distracting. Youtube videos? God knows you could lose hours of your life. A really gripping film, perhaps? Something you know you'll get really into. Just something to keep your mind off it really! Makes the time go faster.
    Ah yes youtube, boards.ie and resident evil, im sure that'll be me on tuesday night.
    Who knows might even pop in the lord of the rings movies. Haven't seen them in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Are the results available online from 6? I thought they weren't up until 12....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

lizt wrote: »
    Are the results available online from 6? I thought they weren't up until 12....

yep leaving cert are midday

cao are 6am

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

hold up..sorry now, whats all this about CAO at 6am?whatt?they have results before we do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

daggy wrote: »
    hold up..sorry now, whats all this about CAO at 6am?whatt?they have results before we do?
    I think you can get your results online (at 6am) if you go to the examinations.ie website and enter your exam number.

daggy wrote: »

leaving cert results out on 13th

cao offers out 6am 18th :eek:

no no that's from midday on.. but the CAO get access to your results before you do i think.. so they can get on with their major job of filling out college spots?that seems unethical.. but efficient all the same i suppose.

• Advertisement

pathway33 wrote: »
    leaving cert results out on 13th

cao offers out 6am 18th :eek:

oh hoh.. haha. I'm silly. thanky. Ah it'll be grand!let it flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Drink yourself into a stupor.

Before you pass out, phone/text all your exes.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

5:30 Be asleep
    5:31 Be asleep
    5:32 Be asleep
    5:57 Be asleep
    5:58 Activate computer
    6:00 Success!

6:00 Server Busy Error :p

I didn't even know CAO offers were the 18th. I thought it was the day after. Aw damn. I want me & my friends to go down and find a house in Dublin this week but it'll be NEXT MONDAY when the little prats know what college they're going to.

Picking easy courses FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 poppygirl2608

cao get all the results early to mid july so they can sort out all the college stuff. Bit unfair to the rest of us having to wait til the 13th of aug tho'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ciaranajl

cao get all the results early to mid july so they can sort out all the college stuff. Bit unfair to the rest of us having to wait til the 13th of aug tho'.

How do you know? That seems pretty quick to have the entire country's exams corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

I'll be in a nightclub somewhere in Spain :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

They don't. They get them electronically on the 13th according to the handbook we got. There is no "sorting out" to do because everything is done by computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Yoga

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

Bit unfair to the rest of us having to wait til the 13th of aug tho'.

especially for someone like me who turns 18 at 1:45 on wednesday morning :) heh pretty damn amazing that I'm 18 the day of my results considering I was due in october :o heh

edit: Question: does anyone know about this-
    The offers are available from 6am on the 18th, but does that mean if you've gotten an offer, it ~will~ be there at 6.00?

Nanaki wrote: »
    especially for someone like me who turns 18 at 1:45 on wednesday morning :) heh pretty damn amazing that I'm 18 the day of my results considering I was due in october :o heh

edit: Question: does anyone know about this-
    The offers are available from 6am on the 18th, but does that mean if you've gotten an offer, it ~will~ be there at 6.00?

check out the posts from 6 am last year and they were bang on the button. some happy people at 6.01 ..... course if they were definitely definitely going to be at 6 why didnt they say 'at 6' on the cao site instead of 'from 6' ........'from 6' could be 10 o clock :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 poppygirl2608

Mark200 wrote: »
    They don't. They get them electronically on the 13th according to the handbook we got. There is no "sorting out" to do because everything is done by computer.

yea they do......i got someone on the inside! :cool: dont mind the handbook. thats just a load of waffel!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

how long do you have to accept the offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

You have until 5:15pm August 27th to accept a first round offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

You have until 5:15pm August 27th to accept a first round offer.

I thought it was the 26th? :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Aren't the results the main thing though? If you get within 10 points of what you want then chances are you're going to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

andrew wrote: »
    Aren't the results the main thing though? If you get within 10 points of what you want then chances are you're going to get it.
    I would be fairly nervous if I was only like 10 points ahead of what it was last year to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

5:30 - put on "The Mission" soundtrack. 6:00 will arrive in no time.

Advertisement