Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone live settings for HTC Diamond

Options
  • 08-08-2008 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I just got a sim-free HTC Diamond but I can't get it to access vodafone live etc. CAn anyone tell me how to set this up? THanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

Jonas11 wrote: »
    Hi I just got a sim-free HTC Diamond but I can't get it to access vodafone live etc. CAn anyone tell me how to set this up? THanks

Im also in the same boat. It's running windows mobile 6.1. New to winmo so I'm struggling a little. I can connect using the vdafone isp but not live.vodafone.com (which is MUCH cheaper!!).
    Help!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Check out this very helpful guide from mkennedy

Linky

Mik

Im also in the same boat. It's running windows mobile 6.1. New to winmo so I'm struggling a little. I can connect using the vdafone isp but not live.vodafone.com (which is MUCH cheaper!!).
    Help!!!

You should get the 1GB ISP package from vodafone it's €9.99 so the same as the live add-on
    You can do more with the ISP such as imap and POP e-mail

Fair play worked perfectly( I was pullin' my hair out). I'm on ready to go at the moment buI was thinking of switching over bill pay(mainly for a data plan) Would I have to get both the 500mb plan plus the 1gb isp plan or can I just sign up for(the much better) isp plan? cheers man.

You should go for the ISP one only. €9.99 a month.
    BUT that is a promo and may increase in price......

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    You should go for the ISP one only. €9.99 a month.
    BUT that is a promo and may increase in price......

Cheers man, I signed up for the for bill pay and added the 1gb isp promo. And that's after 3 different vodafone shops and customer support said there was no such offer.. clowns. Let's hope the promo lasts a while.

And dont forget to change the connection settings back to isp now ;)

will do buddy. got to wait until the next bill before I can use it though..
    patience, I don't have..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 indykid

The mkennedy solution worked for accessesing the web via opera, and google maps. But the built in webmail and weather functions in the touchflo skin don't work. Anybody get this working? Would be very interesting to find out how it works.

It's probably because u are accessing it through vodafone live portal. The isp.vodafone.ie access point will allow you to use those services(I think!),although it's expensive to use without a data add on...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Yeah the mail app will only connect through wifi for me. I called vodafone and got my live! subscription (9.99 a month for 500Mb with some blocked ports) upgraded to isp (still 9.99, but for 1Gb, and no blocked ports.) When they upgrade it though you have to wait until your next billing month for it to be active.

EDIT: actually, it can be a bit temperamental, but the weather app updates for me over the live portal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi Jonas

Am looking at buying one of these myself and am looking for some feedback.

Can you let me know via this thread or PM as to your experiences

Regards

Szondi

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Szondi wrote: »
    Hi Jonas

Am looking at buying one of these myself and am looking for some feedback.

Can you let me know via this thread or PM as to your experiences

Regards

Szondi

Jonas only wrote 1 post back in august and hasnt been about since, doubt he'll see your question. I got one of these recently, so if you've any questions let me know. In short, it's a great phone!

I started a thread here just before I bought it and got some good advice, see here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055464027

Advertisement