Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor upgrade restrictions

• 08-08-2008 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I ported into meteor last week, just got a new sim and used existing phone. I have now been told that I need to wait 90 days before I can buy an upgrade phone. Is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

kinda. you can buy a phone but you cant register the upgrade and recieve bonus credit until after 90 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Even where you did not buy a meteor phone to begin with?

The shop would not even sell me a phone because of this 90 restriction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's strange. The shop should have sold it to you. I'd ask for the manager if you're being refused. You entitled to buy what you want, you just waive the right to free credit until you're with the network for 90 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ok. I get it now. I can buy an upgrade now but I can't get any credit from it for 90 days. The refusal was strange as I could have been buying the upgrade as a gift for someone else.

I shall order from Meteor direct online as it is 50 euro cheaper online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

off topic slightly, but my feckin meteor phone wouldnt work out in Croatia or Montenegro. Pain in b0ll0cks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I have never had any probs regarding buying Meteor upgrades though i'm on bill pay i change my phones roughly after 2 months because i'm easyly bored there are plenty of stores out there so you should not have any problems getting a phone:pac:

You have to register within 60 days for new customers only. There's no time limit on upgrades, or if there is, it's pretty long. I know I registered an upgrade that was 14 months old.

• Advertisement

Meteor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

chrislad wrote: »
    That's strange. The shop should have sold it to you. I'd ask for the manager if you're being refused. You entitled to buy what you want, you just waive the right to free credit until you're with the network for 90 days.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sprog085

Hi can anyone tell me how to register an upgrade online with meteor I have been a customer for a few years now and this is my second upgrade. I've been on the computer for more than an hour and gone into every heading that seems relative to registering an upgrade to no avail. Appreciate any help!

Advertisement