Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Makeup

Options
  • 08-08-2008 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm a crossdresser but am wondering has anyone here ever put makeup on a guy. Like given him a full makeover - either for a bet, a lost dare, the guy was asleep etc. If so would you do it again or did it kinda seem strange?
    H.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Hi heather, we have met before in LL, I think I outed you :P

Wouldn't do anything for me and I don't like my men too groomed never mind in make up.

However!

Black eye liner can look really sexy on some fellas, Jared Leto is one.

I used to be a goth so used to love that look, think has stayed with me.

Id let a fella away with a bit of lip balm but thats it.

Assume you would like a girl to put make up on you? Whatever floats your boat, just ask her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Make-up and men just doesn't work.

Apart from the few (straight guys playing "games" with sexuality) times like emo/goth whatever, where they are subverting expectations, OK fine, but something else is going on there.

In general usage the way women use make up ? No, never works. So mansacara, forget it.

The very essence of what is attractive in a man doesn't work with make up. Having said that, he can be very body/fashion conscious and that can enhance him & but makeup, no .....

That wouldn't even preclude facials & moisturizer or whatever, just nothing so obvious as makeup (and certainly not admitting it) ....

I'm wondering if Sissy is in fact a Monkeyfudge alterego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Must admit, I used to wear eyeliner fairly often, back in my metal days. Still into the same music that made me do it, but I've mellowed out, not wearing so much black these days :)

Though I do look good in black...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'm wondering if Sissy is in fact a Monkeyfudge alterego.

What makes you say that? Not saying you're right or wrong, I don't know, just curious.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    What makes you say that? Not saying you're right or wrong, I don't know, just curious.

You know something don't you.

You know something don't you.

No, seriously I don't. I did use the mod tool available to me to check for something like that when you said it, but it shows nothing so I'm genuinely curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

I LOVE men in eyeliner.......fabulously hot!

Of course, there is the rare exception.....but seriously, a man in eyeliner......oh yes :D

No, seriously I don't. I did use the mod tool available to me to check for something like that when you said it, but it shows nothing so I'm genuinely curious.

It seems that the ok is trying to lure us into making confessions for lurid purposes.
    So I'm assuming it is a pisstake.

That and I want to out MF Ladies Lounge alterego.

It seems that the ok is trying to lure us into making confessions for lurid purposes.
    So I'm assuming it is a pisstake./QUOTE]

Never thought of it like that tbh. Actually I've never given it that much thought either way.
    That and I want to out MF Ladies Lounge alterego.

Hmmm, didn't know he had one. I know Des has one, but I haven't found it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hmmm, didn't know he had one. I know Des has one, but I haven't found it yet.

Tip: use modutils on Des' account :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I've done my gay bff's makeup several times. I don't mind it a bit. I went through a phase where I thought straight men with eyeliner were teh hotness. After dating a couple, it's a total turn-off now, hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Bijoux wrote:
    I LOVE men in eyeliner.......fabulously hot!

Of course, there is the rare exception.....but seriously, a man in eyeliner......oh yes

Well, I could always go back to it...... :pac:

Tip: use modutils on Des' account :p

I have, but he worked for an ISP so he knows all the tricks for how to cover his tracks.

Really men need to be famous to get away with it.

And hawt.

Some men have eyelashes that just cry out for mascara expiermentation though.

Men making out... men having sobbing eyelashes ...Moonbaby, we will never fight over a man.

I'm trying to change.....next romantic interest will weigh over 140lbs!

OK, to be fair to the OP, we have to assume it's a genuine query and unless it's proven that he's MF's, or somebody else's alter ego, this thread needs to go back on-topic. May I suggest the bar to continue any off-topic conversation.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Well, I could always go back to it...... :pac:

Now thats something that's never a bad idea :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭heathersissy79

Don't worry I'm not anyone's alter ego. Well obviously I am someone's alter ego seeing as I'm a crossdresser but this Fudge Moon chap is no relation to me whoever they are.
    For some reason I don't particuarly like fudge (kind of a cloying feeling on the back of the throat) but I do love foundation, loose powder, mascara, lipstick and blush!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

cant believe men would wear makeup!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

cant believe men would wear makeup!

And why is that?

They could benefit greatly from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Christ on a bike! A man? Wearing make up?? Whatever is society coming to.

The only make up I'd wear would be camouflage, and I'd only wear it if I was in a war being super manly.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Men and makeup dont sound too good... Wonder could ya chance tintin eyelashes etc rather than mascara and eyeliner and stuff. same effect just not as erm... obvious. Why not go into a beauticians somewhere they dont know ya (or do know you if your comfortable with it) and ask them what they can do. I'd imagine that our skin would be too rugged and rough for the silk effect of womens make up but as I said, ive never tried so only one way to find out if ur that interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Sure, why not. As long as it's not foundation though. Foundation is ming on everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

I used to do make up for a lot of guys in the rocky horror along time ago, and I think it depends on the guys face if it suits it or not, and what particular look you are going for is. It being the rocky, the more garish the better was the fashion. The main guy in make up I'd fancy would be Brian Molko from Placebo, he truely is the hotness in makeup!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Hi Heather, are you talking about men wearing everyday discreet make up or the full works?

I've put make up on my bf, the works foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick, he has beautiful eyes and as Moonbaby said his eyelashes were just crying out for mascara. Hes always up for a laugh, but I think he secretly liked it :D (last week he had my swimsuit on- i took pics, showed my dad and sister ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

About 10 years ago there was a range of makeup released for men in Ireland, there's was a big ad campaign and everything and it was the likes of green, yellow, blue lipstick, mascarra and eyeliner mostly, I assume, for clubbing. It didn't last long and I can't remember who released it but to be honest the advertisment campaign was sh*t. Someone must have thought it was a great idea at the time and would start a new trend and half the buses in dublin had a big picture of a guy's face on the side of the bus with green lipstick on and it probably could have worked only for the fact that they targeted the wrong demographic completely because the guy they used had George Michael'esq type stubble and it looked stupid, at least a clean shaven guy would have looked better. It seemed to target:

Matthew Fox:

jack.jpg

josh holloway:

lost-sawyer_288_11781990391.jpg

George Micheal:

George-Michael.jpg

looking guys than the more logical...

Robert Smith:

robert-smith.jpg

Johnny Depp:

johnny-depp.jpg

Brian Molko:

brian135_jpg.jpg

...facial types, If it was tried again now it probably would work better what with metrosexuality, Emo's, Goths etc but to be honest at the time I never really seen the point, if a guy wants to wear makeup theres already loads out there, branding it as "Male only" doesn't make it any less makeup, it's sort of like "Just for Men", it's still bloody hair dye, whether you use that or Fructis your hair still changes colour, it's just conning people into paying more because there's a bloke on the packaging. Metrosexuality, Emo, Goth have opened it up now where there's alot of products that have made the crossover of the gender divide, alot of guys use conceler, foundation, lip plumpers now. 10 years ago not one male would have admitted to using hair dyes or Moisturisers but now people will gasp in horror if they aren't at least toning and applying at least an SPF 20 Moisturiser after every shave and it's the exact same stuff that women have been using for years and were laughed at about for their night time cleansing routienes so there's no real reason why makeup won't eventually jump that divide too because, lets be honest, the guys that take care of themselves look a hell of alot more attractive than the ones with skin like old leather because "Moisturiser is for women and fags".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

WindSock wrote: »
    Sure, why not. As long as it's not foundation though. Foundation is ming on everyone.

Don't forget fake tan, looks pants and usually can be spotted from a good hundred paces.
    *shudders after imagining a world where not only do foreigners expect Irish to have orange hair but orange skin too*:eek:

Advertisement