Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolphin in Salthill

Options
  • 08-08-2008 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the dolphin that is entettaining the crowds in Salthill this week?

They are calling him Salty. There were scores of people watching him yesterday, just opposite Western House.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

We're gonna need a bigger boat. It's time to catch me some "tuna royale".

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Robbo wrote: »
    We're gonna need a bigger boat. It's time to catch me some "tuna royale".
    dont mention it to the foreign lads.. or it might end up like a scene below

Hvalba_26-08-06_%283%29.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

Wow I hadn't heard. Do you live out that way?

If I PM you my number could you give me a shout the next time he's about?! Could cycle out for a snorkel with an u/w camera!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

isnt that a sign of good weather dolphins close to the shore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I pass that way very other day ...U sure!!??
    R U working for tourist board spreadin rumors ?!
    ;)

• Advertisement

about the possible good weather or the sight of a dolphin?

Either or would be great .. and unlikely!

well if we get some good weather ill thank the dolphin.
    just remember what they said about dolphins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6yjT65wSQ&NR=1

Never actually seen nemo! Looks funny guess just have to have a look for it tomoro as well as "Salty"!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    I pass that way very other day ...U sure!!??
    R U working for tourist board spreadin rumors ?!
    ;)

LOL. Oh, you caught me there. I figured that if I spread a rumour that there is a dolphin in Salthill, tens of thousands of people would flock to Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

isnt that a sign of good weather dolphins close to the shore?

think its more a case of good food supply for dolphins near the shore.. anyone for mackerel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Any more sightings? Raging I missed this. Yeah he prob came in temporarily for food and has headed back out again. Shame. People who saw it can count themselves lucky. Did anyone get a chance to go out with a mask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

topper75 wrote: »
    Any more sightings? Raging I missed this. Yeah he prob came in temporarily for food and has headed back out again. Shame. People who saw it can count themselves lucky. Did anyone get a chance to go out with a mask?

If you're that desperate to see a dolphin, you often see shoals of them in Kilkee and along the coast of Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Ah no I see those ones in Clare now and then (must go down again soon to see if that Dusty is still there) - just convenient and exciting that it was in Salthill. Probably not an 'interactive' type dolphin anyway, just a temp visit following in the fish.

ErnieBert wrote: »
    LOL. Oh, you caught me there. I figured that if I spread a rumour that there is a dolphin in Salthill, tens of thousands of people would flock to Galway.
    Seemed funny at time cause GAlway got so quite post arts race week!
    After further research into d matter believe its not at all unusal - in fine weather and supossedly all hang out around the boat to inishboffin!

Advertisement