Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR Newbie here

Options
  • 08-08-2008 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

OK, feel really pathetic posting this, but I am trying to slowly bring myself on to the 'scene' (yes this is being said in e most backwards way possible, but please bare with me).
    So the basic question is;
    Wheres the best place to go to meet women in Dublin?age 20ish? yes I am a lesbian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Hello sillyGoldie, this isn't really a board for meeting people, but I'm sure people will give you advice on where to go to meet others like yourself. I have heard The George is a bit cliquey, as is The Dragon, but have a look here for a list of helpful sites.

Oh and welcome aboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sillyGoldie

Yeah i know its not for meeting people, I'm just looking for advise on where to go, and thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

No probs, hope the links help! BTW if you do fancy a good night DJ Sash is playing at the George on 16th August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Tula

Hello sillyGoldie!

Firstly congrats on getting out there :) you go girl! Why don't you pop into OutHouse on Ladies night (Thursdays from 8 till 10) We're a friendly bunch really :) If you're under 24 why not come along to Ladybirds? All the info on youth LGBT groups in BeLong To are on http://www.belongto.org

Good luck chicken :)

Wendy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭david_the_great

OK, feel really pathetic posting this, but I am trying to slowly bring myself on to the 'scene' (yes this is being said in e most backwards way possible, but please bare with me).
    So the basic question is;
    Wheres the best place to go to meet women in Dublin?age 20ish? yes I am a lesbian.

do yourself favour and try to stay off the scene- you will pull more if you dont get on it because people wont really know you- if you go say 4 weeks in a row then you are well known and officially on the scene and everyone gets to know you and then your boring because they know you but if you arent loud when your on it everyone will want you lol

the first place you should go is the george- i agree its over the top but you will get a fair idea if you like the scene from going there really-

do you have someone whose willing to go with you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sillyGoldie

sadly no not yet, i'm just hunting for places first and then going to see whos up for it or wrst go on my own :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

I've always found societies and organizations to be good places to find people. We're lucky in Dublin in that we have the various student LGBTs, which cater for non-students too (Trinity, DIT, NUIM and UCD), as well as volunteer organizations like Outhouse. There gay and lesbian specialties too like a gay choir, gay golfers etc, to narrow it down even more!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Daisy B

I'm not from Dublin so can't give you advice on where to go, but just wanted to say congrats on getting out there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Hi sillyGoldie,

You have the usual haunts such as Front Lounge, The George, The Dragon etc. There is a gay club for lesbians called KISS every few weeks also which is good fun. Check out the listings on places like Gaire.com and QueerID.com

Another option is to join the two mentioned websites and get involved on the boards there. Gaire has regular meets where newbies are made very welcome. Nothing major just meet up in Nealons on Capel St. Every time there is a met there is a newbie kind of afraid to go along so it is nothing to be worried about, you will be welcomed.

Finally there is of course the dreaded gaydargirls.com if you want to find friends and or dates. Just remember to excercise a certain amount of caution and good sense if you are interacting on websites like these for the first time.

Oh and by the way what david_the_great said about the gay scene is true to and extent and probably even truer about the lesbian scene....its positievly incestuous! Try not to get to over exposed or you'll crack up in a few years. :D

Best of luck!

Advertisement