Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone unlimited cap clarified

Options
  • 08-08-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭

I know there has been some confusion about the cap on the older €50 unlimited price plan for 3g broadband from voda...

I have a letter here from vodafone confirming the fair usage cap is 10gb and not 5 GB they have said previously...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jhegarty wrote: »
    I know there has been some confusion about the cap on the older €50 unlimited price plan for 3g broadband from voda...

I have a letter here from vodafone confirming the fair usage cap is 10gb and not 5 GB they have said previously...

There is absolutely no point in you 'clarifying' Vodafone's cap policy that is up to Vodafone to do for all their customers. (with all due respects to your good self of course) I doubt that ''jhegarty of boards.ie told me such and such'' will go down too well when disputing a bill for additional downloads!

Anyways as of now this is what the vodafone website is saying:

http://www.vodafone.ie/broadband/mobile/
    A monthly data allowance of 5GB applies. Usage in excess of 5GB per month will be charged at 2c (VAT inc.) per MB. Vodafone Mobile broadband is capable of maximum download speeds of up to 3 Mbs in optimum conditions. Speeds experienced will vary subject to network coverage and availability

Vodafone are now far from competitive with o2 offering 10g per month for 20 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

dub45 wrote: »
    There is absolutely no point in you 'clarifying' Vodafone's cap policy that is up to Vodafone to do for all their customers. (with all due respects to your good self of course) I doubt that ''jhegarty of boards.ie told me such and such'' will go down too well when disputing a bill for additional downloads!

Vodafone never clarified much of anything with regards the unlimited package up to now. The nearest thing customers ever got was guesses from the nicer Vodafone employees which were very much not on the record in the same way a letter is.

Anyways as of now this is what the vodafone website is saying:

http://www.vodafone.ie/broadband/mobile/

Vodafone are now far from competitive with o2 offering 10g per month for 20 euros.

That is information on a completely separate package and has nothing to do with the package the OP is referring to. When Vodafone first announced their 3G broadband in Ireland there was a package called Vodafone unlimited which was unlimited with a fair usage policy for 49.99 a month. This package didn't stay long for whatever reason and now the only people who have it got it over a year and a half ago, before the current 5gb cap package came in. There has been a huge amount of speculation on these boards about what sort of area they will not be happy when you go over and it seems fair that the OP posted this up.
    I doubt that ''jhegarty of boards.ie told me such and such'' will go down too well when disputing a bill for additional downloads!

Anyone who treats information acquired on this forum or any other for that matter as gold deserves everything they get but as I have said up to now Vodafone have never clarified anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rotti Express

I don't see them referring to the 5GB cap when referring to the newer mobile internet either. It's like they're phobic about clarifying anything in writing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Scan attached ... .

names have been removed to protect the innocent / guilty...

you will also notice it's cut off for the rest of the month after the 10gb not a per kb charge...

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Not a very accurate usage of the word 'unlimited' is it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement