Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medieval 2 Help

Options
  • 08-08-2008 11:24pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any chance someone could post the cheat/ini edit for Medieval 2 so that i can play all factions from the start? I'd get it myself, but pretty much all game related sites are blocked in work. It should be listed on gamefaqs somewhere.

Thanks in advance :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kiith wrote: »
    Any chance someone could post the cheat/ini edit for Medieval 2 so that i can play all factions from the start? I'd get it myself, but pretty much all game related sites are blocked in work. It should be listed on gamefaqs somewhere.

Thanks in advance :pac:

I found this

Unlock all factions
    Find this directory:
    Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Then find the file descr_strat. Open it with a text editor (Word, or somthing like that). Cut and Paste the 'unlockable' section into the 'playable' section and save the file. Launch the game and you should have every faction available.

You can also unlock the Papal Estates, but not the Mongols, Timurids and The Aztecs.

Remember to make BACKUPS before you are editing the game files!!!!

from here

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/medieval2totalwar/hints.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thats the one. Now i can spend all night conquering Europe as the Mongol horde!! Thanks for that.

Advertisement