Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson repair time

• 08-08-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭

I have a SE W380i, which had a fairly subtle fault which meant that it didn't get full signal strength. Carphonewarehouse suggested that I brought it directly to the Mobile Phone Repair place in Sandyford Industrial Estate. They said it was a level 4 fault and sent it to Sony Ericsson in Britain. So far, so good, but it has been 3 weeks now and I am increasingly unimpressed. I would be a SE fan, but this seems rather long for a repair. Has anyone any experience of this kind of SE repair and the time it takes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

ardmacha wrote: »
    I have a SE W380i, which had a fairly subtle fault which meant that it didn't get full signal strength. Carphonewarehouse suggested that I brought it directly to the Mobile Phone Repair place in Sandyford Industrial Estate. They said it was a level 4 fault and sent it to Sony Ericsson in Britain. So far, so good, but it has been 3 weeks now and I am increasingly unimpressed. I would be a SE fan, but this seems rather long for a repair. Has anyone any experience of this kind of SE repair and the time it takes?

when a phone is sent to england it can take 3-4 weeks:( its fair annoying i know!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Do other manufacturers have this poor service? it would be interesting to document this, as this is one factor when buying a phone.

ardmacha wrote: »
    Do other manufacturers have this poor service? it would be interesting to document this, as this is one factor when buying a phone.
    I wouldnt drop a sony ericcson as I think their a very good phone- I see phones going back to nokia like this asa well, Sony Ericsson often swap a phone if its sent to england anyway. Even though theirs a long time if its sent to england I'd rather it to a nokia!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

If it going to England you will prob get a refurbished phone, my K750i got sent over there and I got a new one back.It took about a month.
    If your with O2 you could have dropped the phone into an O2 shop and they would have given you a replacement straight away

I got the phone in CPW, who suggested that if I went to the repair place that I'd probably have it back in 3 hours. As I lived near Sandyford, this was easy enough for me. The phone wasn't dead, but wasn't getting a full signal either.

If SE send often back a different phone, why does it take 4 weeks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

They couldnt do the repair on my phone in Ireland, so it had to be shipped to the UK.
    Then SE UK had to look at the fault, then decide that that they couldnt repair it and get a refurb.
    SE then sent it back to irish repair place, and then they sent it to me.
    So thats why it took so long, if there was an dedicated SE repair shop in Ireland maybe it would be fastser

For what it is worth I still haven't got my phone back after 7 weeks. Sony Ericsson, if you are reading this, even your satisfied customers can be p***ed off by this kind of thing.

thats actually disgraceful!! I would get in contact with CPW-yes I know they havent the phone but u booked your repair with them so they need to help you on this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    thats actually disgraceful!! I would get in contact with CPW-yes I know they havent the phone but u booked your repair with them so they need to help you on this one
    Try this out and see how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I had the misfortune to deal with Carphone Warehouse on behalf of my younger sister last year. They sent her SE for repair and said they would contact us when it was repaired. 2 months later; no sign of the phone. Went in to know what the story was and they couldn't find any record of sending it away. :eek:

Demanded to speak to a manager who tried to fob me off by saying it wasn't their problem but when I started quoting consumer legislation at him in front of his shop he offered a full refund within minutes. Shocking customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

bigkev49 wrote: »
    I had the misfortune to deal with Carphone Warehouse on behalf of my younger sister last year. They sent her SE for repair and said they would contact us when it was repaired. 2 months later; no sign of the phone. Went in to know what the story was and they couldn't find any record of sending it away. :eek:

Demanded to speak to a manager who tried to fob me off by saying it wasn't their problem but when I started quoting consumer legislation at him in front of his shop he offered a full refund within minutes. Shocking customer service.
    Storys like this cause people to go into shops and be unreasonable. I seriously doubt he just gave you a refund based on you saying he sent it away without any proof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I had proof of the original purchase to hand and it was the same guy that I was dealing with over the course of the 2 months while the phone was away.As in I had rang several times to know where it was and it was him I spoke to. When they couldn't find any trace of it being sent away I ,understandably IMO, got a bit cross. At that point he offered me the refund.

Feel free to edit or remove the post as you see fit, don't want to land boards in trouble or anything but that was my experience of CPW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

In my experience, as much as i love SE, avoid the w380i. many of them have this problem.

to the op: did you bring the phone back to the store within 28 days? if you bring a faulty phone back to cpw within 28 days and they witness the fault instore they replace it straight away, company policy. if they cant witness it, it must be sent to be repaired. it sounds like the branch you were in fobbed you off.

In fairness to CPW they had already replaced one that had problems out of the box. This particular fault, poor signal and losing signal, is very difficult to verify in the shop as it did work pretty well there, as the mast was a few metres away. It took me a while to identify the signal fault too, so I was over the 28 days by then.

Advertisement