Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic Corps becoming more visible?

Options
  • 09-08-2008 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Was out this evening and was stopped at a random breath test checkpoint...it was extermely well set up across 3 lanes of a one way system with all visible approaches being one way as well so there was no way of avoiding it.

They did it at a proper time when they were likely to catch people over the limit on the way to town after a few at home. A bit more of this type of thing could do a lot of good.

Did a tax and insurance check and randomly checked the odd licence and although they were rather abrupt (understandable given that cars would building up 2 lanes wide and 6-7 deep) I got a kind of fair play "that's the way to do it" from the testing Garda when complete.

Well done lads.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I for one agree with our new traffic stopping overlords....:D

/srsly,
    I agree - it's good to see resources being used properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭patrickc

there more visible on my route back and forward to work alright.. the cardboard ones

except the odd gatso sitting on a good straight, nothing new there

Advertisement