Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

tips on catching carp

• 09-08-2008 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

i was just looking for some tips on catching carp.
    please leave good tips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

use a rod and line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Warhammer

Carp fishing can be caught by allsorts of ways.
    Float,ledgering,pole,etc.
    Carp fishing requires a lot of patient.
    Theres loads of fishing programes on sky and tips.
    Some of the best Carp fisheries in Ireland: Corkagh Park in Clondalkin, Co. Dublin, Lakeland Fishery in Rooskey Co. Roscommon, Gorteen Lake in Co. Clare, Oakland’s fishery in New Ross, Co. Wexford, Galmoylestown and Ballinafid Lakes near Mullingar, co. Westmeath, Brother’s and Capragh Lakes in Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan and some small fisheries around some of the coarse angling centres in Co. Cavan.

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/carpingtips.html
    http://www.fishe.net/eastsussex/carp/carptipsrigsadvice.php:)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

shblob wrote: »
    use a rod and line
    thanks i might do dat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Here's a less smart arsed tip, I have never caught a carp but I did just go into Aldi at lunch, They've loads of carp stuff,A carp care kit with scales,sling,mat,net etc, loads of carp bait and boilies, electronic bite indicators and two types of fishing poles and obviously for dirt cheap. And I can also recomend Corkagh Park for a good days fishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

one of the best ways i ever saw anybody atching carp was back in the galmoylston days...when it was a free fishery and barely anybody fished it!
    this guy used to come up at /just befor dusk and throw in a load of crusty white bread flake...the carp would come to take it from the surface and after a while got confident...
    he then proceeded to throw one out with a hook and some lightish line attached to it...great craic..big (wild-ish) carp too...5/6lb mirrors..great fight..
    you could do this with dog biscuits and all that other kind of stuff that would float..better than legering boilies etc..

• Advertisement
Advertisement