Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BAD Navan Instructor experience

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Morgans

Fine by me. Plenty will figure out what I was saying. Concentrate on the incorrect/ambiguous phraseology and miss the point. Its not the first time. But as I said earlier, I dont want to bog this thread down. Ive said what I have wanted to say, and you have helped. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Edited to help. You can never be too careful. Apologies. Hope its clearer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Morgans wrote: »
    From my experience on here the driver is always guilty until proven innocent regardless of the complaint or situation.

To use your analogy, shouldn't the instructor be considered innocent until proved guilty. You appeared to have presumed his guilt. The OP was making the charges as it were. The instructor could be said to be in the dock and perhaps needs to be defended! :)

It would be easy to sit back and agree with everything that posters claim but what would be the point. The thread would become very boring without debate. I find it necessary to play Devil's advocate regularly but that does not always mean I hold that view personally but I feel that those who are not here to defend themselves need someone to 'speak' on their behalf.

Now - I'm off to the King's Inns! :D

• Advertisement

To use your analogy, shouldn't the instructor be considered innocent until proved guilty. You appeared to have presumed his guilt. The OP was making the charges as it were. The instructor could be said to be in the dock and perhaps needs to be defended! :)

Nicely played and you are technically correct but as I tried to explain to your congratulator, it was a short hand comment, but again, if we want to pore over the minutae, that's fine, it that seems to be important to people in here. I didn't presume the guilt of the driving instructors, but I am aware that there are different levels of driving instructors out there. I took the OP at face value. I of course would reserve judgment on the driving instructor until hearing more, of which Wolff has provided subsequently. But if the driving instructor came on here and posted about a horror driver that he had the unfortunate experience of dealing with, I too would take his story at face value. If I was posting an issue on here, it would be to look for some advise or share an experience etc, not a request to be interrogated. My guess, and its only a guess from my experience reading this forum, is that if a driver instructor was to relate such a story on here, the driver wouldnt be defended with the same zeal.
    It would be easy to sit back and agree with everything that posters claim but what would be the point. The thread would become very boring without debate. I find it necessary to play Devil's advocate regularly but that does not always mean I hold that view personally but I feel that those who are not here to defend themselves need someone to 'speak' on their behalf.

Again, that is fine, and its good that you are openly admitting that you play the role of devils advocate and defend those who arent here to respond (testers/instructors/RSA perhaps etc) You are not alone in doing this on the forum and you definitely aren't the least intelligent person to play the role. Its refreshing that you admit it. To me, its the overriding attitude on this forum, which is a shame for anyone wanting to share their driving experiences. I would prefer a forum where peoples accounts are treated at face value and doesnt automatically prompt an attempt at proving how the poster on the forum is in fact the person at fault. If they are wasters and the driver is at fault, well and good.

At least, as moderator you admit this role. Which again, is pretty much my point all along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Caychadh

This is a thread by a man saying that in his opinion his wife was treated unprofessionally by a driving instructor. He warned against unaccredited instructors. He has said his wife has driven for a few years and often has the kids in the back but has NEVER given any reason for her to be accused of breaking the law. (He didn't state she was driving unaccompanied, or if she was on a second provisional before July 31st for example, so we shouldn't assume.)
    Many replies (especially by the mods) stated that we shouldn't take this all at face value. Of course he'll be annoyed this happened and may think his wife is a great driver, no matter what her skills are like. This is of course true. There are two sides to every story and people have to be fair.

I'm just recapping the original point since this thread now seems to have just turned into a war of words between Morgans and Donegalfella. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

again making incorrect assumptions !! getting to be a bit of a habit - no name of the driving instructor was ever mentioned - did I mention I dont even know his name - nor did I name the school in navan he works for - all i did was say it was not hard to work out what driving school i was talking about - the mod removed that comment

so I love the bit about redacting the name and that of his employer - classic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Also to get back to the orig post - the instructor dealt with the situation like an asshole

When I rang him he dealt with me like an asshole

My wifes first lesson with him he was a bit of an asshole

When she related the story to the new instructor he said "oh that asshole "

Are we seeing a pattern emerge ?

The guy acted in a completly unprofessional manner regardless of how good or bad my wife drove - my point again is to warn against these assholes.

• Advertisement

Wolff wrote: »
    again making incorrect assumptions !! getting to be a bit of a habit - no name of the driving instructor was ever mentioned - did I mention I dont even know his name - nor did I name the school in navan he works for - all i did was say it was not hard to work out what driving school i was talking about - the mod removed that comment

so I love the bit about redacting the name and that of his employer - classic

donegalfella, brilliant, just brilliant.

Case closed?

Caychadh wrote: »
    This is a thread by a man saying that in his opinion his wife was treated unprofessionally by a driving instructor. He warned against unaccredited instructors. He has said his wife has driven for a few years and often has the kids in the back but has NEVER given any reason for her to be accused of breaking the law. (He didn't state she was driving unaccompanied, or if she was on a second provisional before July 31st for example, so we shouldn't assume.)
    Many replies (especially by the mods) stated that we shouldn't take this all at face value. Of course he'll be annoyed this happened and may think his wife is a great driver, no matter what her skills are like. This is of course true. There are two sides to every story and people have to be fair.

I'm just recapping the original point since this thread now seems to have just turned into a war of words between Morgans and Donegalfella. :(

Thanks for that. Always good to refresh the memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

OK lads, I think the thread has run it's course. If we continue, we'll just be going around in circles. Thanks for the contributions! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement