Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU Fan on 100%

Options
  • 09-08-2008 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Folks

friends media pc, fan is on 100%, speedfan is saying that cpu temp is 1.2 degrees centigrade

What do you reckon I need to do ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

No cpu is gonna be that low when on. Are you sure that temp is correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

sorry its risen to 31% c2d 6320

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

if you plug the cpu fan header into the cpu fan slot on your mobo , it should speed up and slow down depending the temperature , alternatively you can mod the fan to run at 5v or 7v by attaching a molex and cutting and flipping it upsidedown.

i was thinking more of software / bios, no options in bios for fan control and speed fan doesn't see the cpu fan:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Try speedfan.

• Advertisement

I did it doesn't recognise the fans on the MB

Never mind, I bought a zalman low profile quiet fan in peats

But the motherboard didn't have the standard vga holes, some sort of custom wide bracket.

Solution ?!

I extracted the fan from the zalman, took off the old fan, bent the bracket on the zalman to wedge it on the old fan bracket.

Connected the zalman to a molex, connected the fan controller that came with the zalman, set it to lowest setting.

Result - super quiet

less than 30 degrees c playing a DVD for 1 hour.

Homer Simpson would be proud of this solution.

Advertisement