Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which car for 3000€

Options
  • 09-08-2008 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hello.
    I want to buy a car for 1-2 months.What is your recommendation in this price? I think about Nisan Almera ,Opel Astra II. Btw engine about 1.4-1.6 or less.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Buy a tat-box for 500-700 euro. 3 grand outlay for a couple of months makes no sense.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Why not? Im just trying to let know what is the best choice. Im looking about 99 or 00 year so even after 2 months my choice will be the same maybe price lowest .This 3 grand is only for car not for insurance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You will lose far more when you try to resell a €3,000 car than you would if you'd only paid €500.

If you're set on spending €3,000, however, then buy the actual car, not the make/model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I heard not good opinion about Italian car like Alfa Ill know that they looks nice but how looks rest like engine,suspension?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

If you can get yourself an Almera that would be a good choice ! I had one and she never let me down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

You can afford to buy a €500 car and give it away when you're done. It won't lose you any more money than the €3k "me Da says" method and will save you a lot of hassle come sale time.

"Tat- box" isn't even a fair relection of the cars being suggested. Some of the best cars on the road cost under €1000 but people who are looking for cheap 'uns are full of the old cliches, they're too blind to see them and walk right past them.

FFS, you're talking to people who know so at least consider the good advise because there's no way I'd approve of a €3k Almera for 2 months.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Honda/Civic/1.4-SALOON/1161191/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

For that kind of price I woldn't reccommend any particular make or model, I would simply go out and judge every car on it's own merits. You'll certainly find a piece of gold somewhere

This Civic failed NCT and I dont want to spend money to fix it you never know how much you need it and whats wrong is with car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

There have been some good quality cars in the 1K to 2K region on adverts.ie of late.
    There's a couple of Micra adverts in particular that caught my eye.
    You'd definitely be able to sell a Micra on afterward.
    You also get an indication as to how willing the seller is to negotiate on adverts.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

devil-80 wrote: »
    This Civic failed NCT and I dont want to spend money to fix it you never know how much you need it and whats wrong is with car.

you can spend 3k or 6k and STILL have to pay cash to get it to pass the NCT. 3k for 2 months motoring with all respect is completely stupid.

I find something like this
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Nissan/Almera/car/1136439/

Looks good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I heard not good opinion about Italian car like Alfa Ill know that they looks nice but how looks rest like engine,suspension?

2 months and you are worried about long term reliability?

Ok.My english is not very good and i think you dont understand me very well.
    So I dont want to buy a car for only 2 months but I want to keep it longer.Now Ill dont have enough money and I buy a car after 1- 2 months when I have those 3 grand. Sorry for this misunderstood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

It's a Honda. It's probably never gone wrong before and I'm sure it being a Honda whatever it was that went wrong is only something small, and can be easily repaired.

You won't find many cars that are more reliable than a Civic, and certainly the cars suggested to replace the Civic so far certainly would not be as reliable as the Civic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ok.My english is not very good and i think you dont understand me very well.
    So I dont want to buy a car for only 2 months but I want to keep it longer.Now Ill dont have enough money and I buy a car after 1- 2 months when I have those 3 grand. Sorry for this misunderstood

Ah! I should have realised when you posted your location (Chodziez).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,441 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

E92 wrote: »
    It's a Honda. It's probably never gone wrong before and I'm sure it being a Honda whatever it was that went wrong is only something small, and can be easily repaired.

A lot of assumptions in there. If it was easy to fix, why didn't the garage do it and sell it for €500 more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

some people dont bother with an nct so that 500 might be a waste and make it harder to sell

VH wrote: »
    some people dont bother with an nct so that 500 might be a waste and make it harder to sell

You might want to read my post again ;)

• Advertisement

I assumed the repairs would cost 500 - if they cost more it makes your post look silly :)

I'm not gonna ask you to read it yet another time ;)

My point was that if it was an easy fix, either costing very little in parts or just taking very little time to fix or both, the dealer selling the car could have done the work for (next to) nothing, make it pass the NCT and up the list price of the car from €795 to €1,295 and have it even easier to sell it (with obviously a higher profit)

ok enough of the attitude

ok enough of the attitude

Eh?

"I'm not gonna ask you to read it yet another time"

I get the message

• Registered Users Posts: 39,358 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

"I'm not gonna ask you to read it yet another time"

I get the message
    took you long enough

Mellor wrote: »
    took you long enough
    and being the motors forum I can rely on people like you to remind me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

I just bought a 99 almera for my sister, paid 1500 for it. It is very clean inside but has a few car park scratches outside. Runs perfectly and as my wife has a 98 one, I know they are ultra reliable.:pac:

Advertisement