Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes vista problems

• 09-08-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

So apple don't support iTunes on its own, just the store - and nobody in their support forums bothered, so I said I'd try here, or perehaps somebody might have a suggestion on where else to try? I've tried everything conceivable, and am baffled.

I've been having terrible problems with iTunes and vista.
    I've got the latest version of iTunes, and have tried uninstalling and re-installing, and also deleting my library file and starting anew.
    No matter what I do, iTunes will randomly screw up somewhere and crash.
    When it stops responding, I can't end the process in task man, nor can I kill the process tree - it just won't go away. Other apps also start crashing once this happens, and won't end.
    Sometimes, my PC will just completely lock up - mouse stops moving, everything stops..
    These problems only happen when iTunes is running, every other app is perfectly stable.
    Interestingly, the same seems to happen once I attach my iPhone and try to sync using a winamp plugin - maybe it uses the AppleMoblieDevice service thing...

Here are a few things I've seen in Event Viewer which might shed some light:

The description for Event ID 0 from source iPod Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service started

The description for Event ID 1 from source Bonjour Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

mDNSResponder started

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Any help in solving this problem would be much appreciated, as I haven't been aple to sync my iPhone at all with this PC. Much as I'd love to just install XP, not really an option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭HPMan

Did you close down all other programs before installing? try installing again into the same folder. May work. has done for me on other troublesome program installs.

Let us know how you get on - always handy to know.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

OK I've narrowed down the problem a bit - it only occurs when there is music in the library. When empty it works fine, the minute I add music it screws up.
    Could be some funny format files, but winamp handles my library perfectly...!!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

OK Problem solved - it was down to one or more MP3's screwing things up, no idea how/why and it just effected iTunes, which makes me think "wow what a piece of sh*t".
    Anyway, I cured it by only adding the songs I want to sync with my iPhone and no others, and one of the suspect songs (I think it's Faith no More's midlife crisis actually!)
    All good so far, although iTUnes is useless other than for syncing now. Eh, not a huge prob.

Advertisement