Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The price of nitro fuel?

Options
  • 09-08-2008 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice has the price of nitro gone up because of the oil crises?:confused: I could get 16% for €30 a gallon. There selling bryons 20% in kilkenny for €30 a half gallon:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

It's 'cos of the Olympics!!

link

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Plug wrote: »
    Anyone notice has the price of nitro gone up because of the oil crises?:confused: I could get 16% for €30 a gallon. There selling bryons 20% in kilkenny for €30 a half gallon:rolleyes:

Byrons is more expensive than the other stuff you used to buy for €30 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bonisio

€30 for half a gallon of 20% is rather expensive especially if its half an American gallon. 2.5 litres of Merlin Expert 25% which is similar to O'Donnell fuel is only €19.50.

Merlin Pro Racing fuel, which is the official fuel for the Onroad World Championships which are on in Portugal next week, costs €27.5 for 2.5 litres of 25%.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I agree with bonisio. €30 for half a US gallon (2.5 litres) of 20% is rather expensive.

The Model Technics at www.greenhobbymodel.com comes in 4.5 litre containers.
    At the moment the 2 interesting Model Technics blends would be:
    GoGlo Plus 16 Blend, 16% nitro, 4.551 Litres, €28.99
    Bekra 20 Blend, 20% nitro, 4.551 Litres, €32.50

The 20% Bekra would be labelled as just under 25%, by some US makers if they sold it due to their "interesting" way of measuring the nitro by weight! The 16% GoGlo+ would be labelled just under 20% if labelled in the US style.

Those above would be premium Model Technics blends with very high quality multi synthetic oils. A Model Technics budget blend, Expert 25% in 2.5 litre containers is at the moment available in Green Hobby & Model Dublin for €21.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

coolwings wrote: »
    I agree with bonisio. €30 for half a US gallon (2.5 litres) of 20% is rather expensive.

You mean 1.9 litre.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Isn't a US Gallon = 3.78
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

T-Maxx wrote: »
    You mean 1.9 litre.:p

You're right T-Maxx .. if the Byrons is measured US style (is that legal in the EU?) then 1/2 gall is only 1.89 litres!
    €15+/litre is pretty steep!

As it happens, being an electric (mainly) modeller I have a hard time buying any fuel at all. I only have 2 nitro engine models now, the rest of mine are electric. One is the Specter buggy (needing repairs!) and the other is the Gladiator/MVVS 50 & 7 others are leccies)
    At this stage I use more glowfuel tuning up other peoples engines than running my own.

Advertisement