Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drainpipe elbow extension needed.

Options
  • 09-08-2008 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Here is a picture of the A1 building job that was done on my apartment block.

DSCF1181.jpg

So water trickles down drain pipe but never reaches drain. Where do I get what I need to extend this pipe the extra two inches needed to reach the drain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

I have to say thats the worst bit of ground works/ drainage ive seen in a long time
    problem for the management company maybe?
    there is so much wrong with that it aint even funny
    from h/s issues,
    to drainage,
    to rising damp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

I'm the management company secretary so it's my problem. Easiest solution is to extend the pipe but don't know where to get the right parts.

It's bucketing down now. Torrential! Most of the water is missing the drain rather than going in to it.

if you go to a hardware they may have an extensioin piece €5ish if not youll need to buy a lenght of down pipe and cut the required lenght off, while your at it you might want to either drop the height of the gully or build a hopper in concrete to catch the water a better job but not asteticly(sp) pleasing either way if you doing the job yourself an hours labour and €20max a contractor will cost you €150/200 and 3 hours labour
    what orientation is the wall, just wondering because of that moss you have growing on the pointing

sheltered south east.

things got worse.
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/proud_darcy/DSCF1188.jpg
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/proud_darcy/DSCF1189.jpg

that's the road outside the entrance to the estate taken a few minutes ago.

• Advertisement

who's the mad fecker out swimmin?

the GALL wrote: »
    who's the mad fecker out swimmin?

don't know. He pulled up in a MPV, jumped out, put on a pair of yellow flippers, dove in then jumped back in to the boot of the MPV and sped away.

dubs?

I don't know. If you zoom in on the pictures and look at his tatoos you might figure out his affiliation.

comical ...ok back to the building,
    see if the hopper on the wavin will screw/twist off dont force it it'll either come off handy or not at all and replace
    make up a hopper (from concrete) to chanel the water from the down pipe into the drain
    if this sounds hazy dont worry ill draw up something and pm it over to you

• Advertisement

Thanks. I pass two hardware providers most days so I'll stop in and see what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

For everything else there's mastercard.... but that's priceless !

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

there are a couple of manufacturers making
    rectangular hoppers for gullys...looks like it would
    be the solution to yer problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would get the closest fit of pipe that you can find. The problem is that these pipes are often non-standard sizes.

So I would use a heat gun to get a piece to fit.

If you do it this way, you are unlikely to get a perfect fit, but it just might be good enough until you get something better.

OK. I'm making progress.

http://database.hunterplastics.co.uk/groups?rangeno=4

They're the people who manufacturer the rainwater piping.

On the site I can replace the item there at the bottom of the pipe which they call a boot with a near right angle elbow which should give me the distance I need.

Problem is I don't know who carries Hunter Plastic products in the Greater Dublin area. I tried local builder provider but they had product from a different manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Ring Hunter or email their technical dept. Say you are the caretaker and are looking for a spare piece. Send them the photo. They might just send you out a piece. Your job was probably worth ten grand to them and it's not much bother for them to send what you want. Or they might put you on to the local supplier.

antoin.

Advertisement