Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista SP1 not made available yet for d/load

• 09-08-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi all,

Vista SP1 hasnt been made available to me for download and I am unsure how long I should wait. I have checked what I can and I have not been told that any drivers etc need to be upgraded. I have upgraded some in the past. The only optional updates presented to me for download which I havent downloaded are optional Language packs. There are 34 of them at 5.5Gb size. Do I need to download them to get SP1 automatically delivered to me - I know I can download the whole 350Mb update version but I may only need a 50Mb update and I be stuck with the 5.5Gb language packs and possibly the 300Mb I dont need as well.

How can I force update to present itself in the smallest size possible without downloading unneccessary stuff?

Cheers.

HPMan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Those troublesome drivers for SP1 were meant to have been pushed out over Windows Update so don't know why you haven't got them and so get SP1 pushed to you as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭HPMan

Hi ethernet, I did look at MS website but the drivers I saw mentioned there I dont think I have.

I am on broadband, what happens if I download drivers for items mentioned as being troublesome even if I dont have equipment that these drivers are for? Would Vista be smart enough to ignore them and possibly delete them or would I just be left with drivers that are unneccesary?

Basically, what are my options?

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Only install the drivers if you have the hardware that requires them. Downloading the SP on its own is looking like a possibility.

Advertisement