Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spencer Dock

Options
  • 09-08-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, ive never been down this part of the city before and i was just wondering was it dodgy?
    I remember walking down to the point one time and the general area didnt seem that good.
    Me and my friends are looking to stay in an apartment for the night as we are going to a gig in dublin, there is one in spencer dock and its pretty cheap so i was just wondering if ye think its a good idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Hey everyone, ive never been down this part of the city before and i was just wondering was it dodgy?
    I remember walking down to the point one time and the general area didnt seem that good.
    Me and my friends are looking to stay in an apartment for the night as we are going to a gig in dublin, there is one in spencer dock and its pretty cheap so i was just wondering if ye think its a good idea?

Is that in the IFSC? I lived there, area has improved tbh and there's security camera's everywhere... But like every other place you just have to be careful....

It's only one night.. s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

4 gardai at any time and armed backup during the day on Sheriff St and Seville Place.
    Regular checkpoints in the surrounding streets too.

This is about 500 metres from Spencer Dock. Possibly the safest area in Dublin right now!
    But yes, walking down to the Point isn't the nicest area.

Seriously, if there's a gang of ye and you're walking down the wide open walkway on the quays, nothing should happen to you. Stick to the quays and don't go looking for some shortcut around East Wall. There isn't one and you'll probably get lost.

If you reckon the price is good, then Spencer Dock sounds like a great location.

It took all my self control not to work a Limerick crime joke into this post :pac:

Advertisement