Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Puddle under Meriva after using AC

Options
  • 09-08-2008 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

First time posting with a problem of any sort. I don't actually drive the Meriva, it's my parents car. Basically a small puddle of clear liquid forms under the car when the AC is used for any length of time. The car is mainly used for journeys <20km. It's an '07 with 20,000km and hasn't been for a service yet (bought Nov '07). The Opel dealer told my parents it was normal, which strikes me as odd. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

It is normal, just water, condensation from the condenser.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

AC uses a Condenser , like in a fridge. They produce some surface water that runs off when the car stops. I've noticed it with loads of cars.

The manual will tell you about it being normal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

normal, simply from water condensing on the cold/hot interface of the sytem from expanding gases going through exothermic reactions as they are pressurised/depressurised. Collects in a tray at the bottom of any standard refrigerator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Thanks guys, you've set my mind at ease.

Advertisement