Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Retail Park (Six Cross Roads)

• 09-08-2008 3:20pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So.. would it be right to assume that the Waterford Retail Park out on the Six Cross Roads (developed by DFL, I think) is another failure like Railway Square (blocks) development? It seems to be completed but the entrance is blocked and is regularly checked by security. There is no units in there nor do I know of any planning on going in.

At least one retail park has taken off I suppose - the one out on the Cork Road where we have Harvey Norman, B&Q, and Halfords - some excellent stores.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Delusions of grandeur will likely destroy this city. Next they're gonna wanna put a skyscraper down in Bilberry...

Oh, wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Is harvey norman open and all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Yep, opened last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

The One with Harvey Norman, Halfords and B&Q we should maybe reserve our judgement on should we not considering that they are in the early stages of opening. Give it a year and then see which ones take off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

Sully wrote: »
    So.. would it be right to assume that the Waterford Retail Park out on the Six Cross Roads (developed by DFL, I think) is another failure like Railway Square (blocks) development? It seems to be completed but the entrance is blocked and is regularly checked by security. There is no units in there nor do I know of any planning on going in.

I heard that the whole building was built incorrectly and the anchor tenant refused to move in. It seems odd but I was told it was built back to front so the entrance is in the wrong place.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sunnyse wrote: »
    I heard that the whole building was built incorrectly and the anchor tenant refused to move in. It seems odd but I was told it was built back to front so the entrance is in the wrong place.:eek:

Another job well done in Waterford so.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

stick-dan wrote: »
    The One with Harvey Norman, Halfords and B&Q we should maybe reserve our judgement on should we not considering that they are in the early stages of opening. Give it a year and then see which ones take off.

Have to agree with this, the whole area is dead during the day as the VAST majority of people are in work and the people that don';t work and walk around town during the day ain't going to go out of their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I heard the same from several sources, don't know if it's true or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I have heard the same. I was under the impression that this was initially meant to be the B&Q store, but because the entrance wasn't front facing, they decided to find alternative premises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Isnt that just amazing..... Waterford does it again.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

They are all nice rumours, in fact the site was built by David Flynn but is owned by the same crowd the 1st tried to develop the north quays only to pull out. The have the money behind them to sit on the site until they get the tennant they require

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

If it's like the rest of the consumption sheds then surely it's just a box of tin; how hard would that be to 'reconfigure'?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    If it's like the rest of the consumption sheds then surely it's just a box of tin; how hard would that be to 'reconfigure'?

Its probably fairly costly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Cabaal wrote: »
    Have to agree with this, the whole area is dead during the day as the VAST majority of people are in work and the people that don';t work and walk around town during the day ain't going to go out of their way.

They need some sort of a regurlar bus service out there otherwise I don't think TK Maxx will last long with weekend only trade.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

trishw78 wrote: »
    They need some sort of a regurlar bus service out there otherwise I don't think TK Maxx will last long with weekend only trade.

TK Maxx is going out their?
    Hmm to be honest it would almost be cheaper for somebody to pay the 12e for a train to Kilkenny and goto the TK Maxx store in the shopping center beside Kilkenny Railway station then get a taxi out and back from out at B&Q.

They'll definitely need a bus service out that way for it to last any length of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Whereabouts is this located? Somewhere along the ORR? I'm not sure where Six Cross Roads is.

Kahless wrote: »
    Whereabouts is this located? Somewhere along the ORR? I'm not sure where Six Cross Roads is.

Its on the ORR - half way point. Its beside where the driving test centre is, the Educo Gym, Johny Hearnes Hardware and other retail units..

trishw78 wrote: »

TX Maxx is out on the other retail park, Butlerstown. But yes, that will also need some sort of bus service id imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Its on the ORR - half way point. Its beside where the driving test centre is, the Educo Gym, Johny Hearnes Hardware and other retail units..

Ah, right. I've only been along there twice and I did notice the gym, but didn't take much notice of what else was in there. Didn't know Hearnes had another place now either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

TX Maxx is out on the other retail park, Butlerstown. But yes, that will also need some sort of bus service id imagine!

is tk maxx open in waterford now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

no opening in october last I heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

thanks. was in the cork one recently and its great! got a load of clothes, so cant wait for the waterford one

Advertisement