Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anonymous use of mobiles

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Sarge wrote: »
    Regarding buying a handset and taking details , is that anything to do with thrying to get people to sign up to the famous CPW insurance :D ?????

its a possibilty, but not really no. its moreso for keeping a record of transactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,454 ✭✭✭✭Victor

miceal wrote: »
    Thats a strange one from CPW i bought a sim from there not so long ago where i live, handed over a tenner and was out the door! No details required.
    Sim cheap. Handset less cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sarge wrote: »
    Regarding buying a handset and taking details , is that anything to do with thrying to get people to sign up to the famous CPW insurance :D ?????
    no it's not. Signing up to the insurance requires shining a separate form and either giving bank details or paying more on the spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

No matter how anonymous you would like to be the truth is that they will eventually find who you are...... once one of your mates texts you online the next question they are asked is "would you like to save this contact for future use....please enter first and last name". Then you are entered into there database. I don't think they act on this particular info but the big picture is that I wouldn't waste your time trying to avoid the system just cause you hate it.

My point is there are much tougher laws prohibiting them from contacting you if you don't want them to. I'd focus on ticking or unticking the right boxes.

Advertisement