Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Attempting Theft? ?

Options
  • 09-08-2008 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭

Was in city centre today (Dublin) Had car parked up on the street around fade street. Left for shopping. Came back later with few bits and pieces and threw them in the boot.

There was a grey audi A6 2001 in the spot behind me, with two dodgy looking fellows in it. I had a few more bits to get so i got another ticket and threw it in the window. As i turned to walk off with the girlfriend i pressed the central locking button. I know the distinctive sound and i didnt here it. I was standing parallel to the Audi. So i said to the girlfriend hang on thats not locked. So i pressed it again. The Audi lights lit up and his doors locked.
    His window was down and the girlfriend noticed that he was pressing his lock button everytime i pressed mine. As if to simulate the sound of the car locking he was locking his. I said out loud that it must be my key and walked right up to my door and locked the car this time the button worked and my car locked.
    As i then walked off the girlfriend told me what she saw. Is it possible these guys were blocking my signal and trying to con me so i didnt notice? and i walk off so they can take the contents of my car......:(:( I got worried on the walk and went back to move the car, they had left. Too dodgy. And my key is fine i checked. Its a BMW so the ignition charges my key ( no battery fault)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Seems overly sophisticated just to rob your shopping, also would they wait all that time til an owner of a particular car arrived back ? Is your BM highly desirable ???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

contents of your car? I'd assume probably your car would be more likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not overly disireable i would think an 02 coupe 318. It was just too coincedental. The key fob never failed ever.
    And it wouldnt lock the door the 3 times i pressed it. As i stood there watchin the door latches they wouldnt go down. It hasnt failed since the event. Only when i opened my mouth did this guy stop activating his fob. Also they were a number of high value cars on the street. Coulh have been waiting for anyone to pull the same trick. Just thought it might be a new trend popped over from eastern europe. They were far to dodgy looking not to be up to something.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

I just remembered Had two toyotas before and if you pressed the wrong key and held it down, the proper key for that car wouldn't work, in lock or unlock mode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement