Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often to you wash your hands after you pee?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mirto

My bits are always clean due a morning and late night shower. So unless there is spray.....never.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Well considering i get a cold MAYBE twice a year, havent had flu in over 8 and serious illness doesnt happen to me, i think the wash before and after rule aint doing me any harm.
    i often don't. As DanGerMus says, only if there's splash back. The cleanest thing in a public toilet is my cock. It's a lot cleaner than the tap used by people who didn't wash properly and the door handle used by everyone anyway. I haven't been sick in at least six years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If ye get into realms of "germs on the door handle" then surely almost every door handle must require a hand-washing after touching it because presumebly these killer germs that don't get washed off people's hands don't just disappear onto the first door handle they touch. Every door handle would have someones cock/fanny dirt (whatever you want to call it).

People are ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Every door handle would have someones cock/fanny dirt (whatever you want to call it).

People are ridiculous.

BEST EVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

Always, always...and would never shake hands with someone in a bar for fear they don't...One of gods givens in life, wash your hands after peeing , rinse properly and dry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Always and do you know ,there are more germs on a pc keyboard than a toilet seat ?

this piece of information will self destruct in 10 seconds ...

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

latchyco wrote: »
    Always and do you know ,there are more germs on a pc keyboard than a toilet seat ?

Also things like the handles of shopping trolleys, the handrails on buses and trains.

I also seem to recall there are more germs in a person's mouth than there are on their genitals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mirto

KBarry wrote: »
    Also things like the handles of shopping trolleys, the handrails on buses and trains.

I also seem to recall there are more germs in a person's mouth than there are on their genitals.

Belly buttons are worse or so I have heard :/ Never leave anything like a toothbrush within 2 meters of a toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I always do. And it's annoying when you have to open the door on your way out, knowing that loads of people before you probably hadn't washed their hands. I'm not neurotic, but I can imagine there'd be loads of fresh bacteria on a toilet door handle, being freshly layered up every minute or two.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Two tips:

Open the door with your elbow. It's unlikely ever to get in your mouth.

Often the disabled jacks is a lot cleaner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I wash my hands every time, out of good manners and some level of respect for others. But since pee is sterile, I don't see the fuss over it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I don't believe this poll.There are many times when I am washing my hands and I see lots of people just going out without washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Them guys that work in the toilets of clubs make me anxious, so i wash my hands as fast as i can and get the hell outta there.

They will never receive a tip from me! :mad:

QUOTE=KBarry;56852515]Also things like the handles of shopping trolleys, the handrails on buses and trains.
    Why lots of people carry a Hygienic hand rub around with them everywere
    QUOTE=random chatbox;56853053]I don't believe this poll.There are many times when I am washing my hands and I see lots of people just going out without washing.
    All the more reason to keep washing yours ,if there in the minority then less germs .I am always aware that people working in fast food restaurants like McDonalds may not always wash their hands while handling food but it doesnt stop me buying a big mac occasionally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

If you pee while taking a shower, should you wash your hands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Joe Cool

2 stroke wrote: »
    If you pee while taking a shower, should you wash your hands?

Do you hold it when you pee in the shower?

I wouldn't be too sure about the finer points myself as I'd usually go before a shower.

Definitely wash them after peeing into a sink though.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

Joe Cool wrote: »
    Definitely wash them after peeing into a sink though.

Do you wash them in the toilet after peeing in the sink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Joe Cool

jigglywoo wrote: »
    Do you wash them in the toilet after peeing in the sink?

Nah, only do that if I've taken a dump in a bidet.
    Not too many of them around these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Is it touching the penis that requires you to wash your hands or the fact that some urine may have splashed onto them?

Do you wash your hands after a ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

pH wrote: »
    Do you wash your hands after a ****?
    This thread needs to be started ASAP.

• Advertisement

pH wrote: »
    Do you wash your hands after all **** bodily functions ?
    Yes, fixed that for ya

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

For all these people who don't wash their hands as their meat and veg are so clean, would you eat a crumbled up flake from your jocks after a long day? No? Why not?

For the same reason you should wash your hands ya dirty beggars! Your knob can be as clean as you like, but it's neighbour is an arsehole and has terrible hygiene problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Jus wash ur willy once a day :p

Oh, i hate when ye go to just wash ur hands, THEN ye need to pee, so hafta stop, dry ur hands, go pee, then wash again! stresssssssssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

MarkR wrote: »
    For all these people who don't wash their hands as their meat and veg are so clean, would you eat a crumbled up flake from your jocks after a long day? No? Why not?

For the same reason you should wash your hands ya dirty beggars! Your knob can be as clean as you like, but it's neighbour is an arsehole and has terrible hygiene problem.

Don't forget the sweaty ball sac the knob lies upon. Granted, not as dirt-prone as an arsehole, but unpleasant tasting all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Think I have a bit of problem when it comes to hand washing.

- I always head staright to the sink soon as i get in the door at home
    - After petting the dog
    - Always before eating or food prep
    - Soon as i arrive somewhere esp. if i got public transport
    - Randomly during the day if i feel the need
    - Always after using the bathroom..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Thatagirl

Always (!!)
    But do you know that most people don’t, so when you touch the door handle to exit the bathroom, your hands will be covered with other peoples faeces!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Absolutely every time. I have a bit of a thing about washing my hands - I reckon I do it about 25 times a day.

I'd be really interested to see the gender split between the washers and non-washers!

And for the "my knob is clean, so why should I?" brigade - would you expect a girl to go down on you after a long day in the same clothes, without a shower first???

And also, we all know that there are more germs on a keyboard/telephone/tv remote than a toilet seat, but it's the type of germ that is a cause for concern, not the amount of them.

ETA, I NEVER touch the handle on the way out of the bathroom, precisely because there are knackers out there (33.8%, according to this poll), who don't wash their hands. Dirtbirds!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

never, unless i accidently pi$$ on my hands or get a bit of splashback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

A bit of interesting reading for those of you who don't see the "point" in washing...

"Why are men supposed to wash their hands after urinating?"
    http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a4_220.html

"What's more important in cleaning, soap or hot water?"
    http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/msoapwater.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Honey-ec wrote: »

And for the "my knob is clean, so why should I?" brigade - would you expect a girl to go down on you after a long day in the same clothes, without a shower first???

I am a member of this so called brigade and while I wouldn't expect my girlfriend to go down on me, I have no problem with her going down on me before she changes her clothes or has a shower.

Advertisement