Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Mairt wrote: »
    His fvcking WHAT? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Well my OH is just back from a walk around the park as we have been stuck in all day and he had to get out - his knickers are actually wet, he got so wet :D:D

bad bad bad mental image.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ridiculously bad weather. The roof of my kitchen is flooded.

Oh for the days when August used to be nice and warm. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The roof leaked in our kitchen this evening... been raining fairly solidly here since about 4pm, and it's horrible, dark and depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bambi wrote: »
    try sillogue gardens, i was over in me das about 20 minutes after the rain started and all the paths and entries were already flooded.

Hold on, are you in the plaza?

Nope! Santry Cross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Well my OH is just back from a walk around the park as we have been stuck in all day and he had to get out - his knickers are actually wet, he got so wet :D:D

PMSL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Christ his knickers... WTF is wrong with you people...

He goes mental when I call them knickers.. Meh men;)

Knickers, Jocks, Cacks, Panties, Unders.. All the friggin same:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

kthx, the people on the top floors or perhaps even on one side of the complex im in look like they're all flooded. its a brand new building, how the f***k do you manage to build something that floods on the top floor??

Architects=gobsh**es :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

My boyfriend had to drop his son home to city centre for 6 and we live in balbriggan-took him over 2 and half hours and he's not even at phibsboro yet! Never seen anything like this in my life its really scary.

He has to stay in his das in finglas tonight cos traffic so bad getting to balbriggan so home alone :-(

kthx, the people on the top floors or perhaps even on one side of the complex im in look like they're all flooded. its a brand new building, how the f***k do you manage to build something that floods on the top floor??

Are you in the Plaza Bambi? Havn't managed to look outside my front door but I bet it's probably flooded...

My boyfriends still stuck on the bus btw...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

suzieb wrote: »
    My boyfriend had to drop his son home to city centre for 6 and we live in balbriggan-took him over 2 and half hours and he's not even at phibsboro yet! Never seen anything like this in my life its really scary.

He has to stay in his das in finglas tonight cos traffic so bad getting to balbriggan so home alone :-(

Do you not remember November 2002?

suzieb wrote: »

As long as your boyfriend's not wearing knickers I'm sure he'll be alright. :)

The Tolka River is getting very high. If it rains throughout the night I could see it causing some problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Have to say we had a lovely day in Sligo today. Sunny in the afternoon and warm around 3-5pm. Outside helping to build paving slabs so really enjoyed it, had a great time. It's nice to get some great weather here. Let's hope it continues. Can't believe the flooding in Dublin today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Whats the situation in Lucan?
    All the bus drivers are avoiding the village.

Also, the mainroad into Palmerstown is down to one lane because of flooding, which is messing with the traffic a little of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Christ his knickers... WTF is wrong with you people...

He goes mental when I call them knickers.. Meh men;)

Knickers, Jocks, Cacks, Panties, Unders.. All the friggin same:pac:

This gets worse..

Please tell us your BF's boards username so we can slag him about his PANTIES

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

An open roof policy was seen as the best option. The architects obviously betted on the whole 'global warming' issue to see their idea vindicated :rolleyes:

The roof on on of the buildings in Santry Cross is completely open too. Fuckin jokers

connundrum wrote: »
    An open roof policy was seen as the best option. The architects obviously betted on the whole 'global warming' issue to see their idea vindicated :rolleyes:

The roof on on of the buildings in Santry Cross is completely open too. Fuckin jokers

That would be the building I'm in... my front door looks out onto our "rooftop garden". The carpark is a disgrace, like a swimming pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Mairt wrote: »
    This gets worse..

Please tell us your BF's boards username so we can slag him about his PANTIES

:pac:

Christ my OH aint a boards user - I would be single by now if he saw half the stuff I post on here - he'd shit his Panties:p:p

Has anyone else not got their TV channels? All I can get is RTE 1 and 2 with their fuzzy sh*t.

Has anyone else not got their TV channels? All I can get is RTE 1 and 2 with their fuzzy sh*t.

I really feel for you must be hell.

My tv is fine, played up for a bit earlier but am now enjoying Jack Dee on Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

That would be the building I'm in... my front door looks out onto our "rooftop garden". The carpark is a disgrace, like a swimming pool.

In a previous life I'd a lot to do with that building. The flooding in the carpark is due to drainage problems extending back as far as Ballymun Shopping Centre. Ring the managing agent to let em know about the problem.

I'd say several underground car parks will be well flooded by now.

On a separate issue, how is it that any time there is a bit of heavy rain, several areas around Dublin flood? Surely DCC know where theres areas are and should maintain the pipes properly so that flooding doesn't occur?

connundrum wrote: »
    In a previous life I'd a lot to do with that building. The flooding in the carpark is due to drainage problems extending back as far as Ballymun Shopping Centre. Ring the managing agent to let em know about the problem.

I'd say several underground car parks will be well flooded by now.

On a separate issue, how is it that any time there is a bit of heavy rain, several areas around Dublin flood? Surely DCC know where theres areas are and should maintain the pipes properly so that flooding doesn't occur?

Management company know about it, saw them taking pictures in there the other day. It smells really bad too cos the water runs into where the bins are held.

Stopped raining again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yep, my ntl cable has been gone most of the day... those poor hamsters :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Nice pics of the N3 in Blanch.

Its fookin groundhog day, same happened in the same part of the N3 in 2000 and 2002. Council didn't clear drains properly back then and looks like they messed up again.

The Tolka has its historical name for a reason, it means 'Flood'!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Im in finglas south degsy beside the tolka valley road...

I know someone on St Helena's near Valeview who got flooded too. Water entering a house does the worst damage apart from a fire of course :)

Yep, my ntl cable has been gone most of the day... those poor hamsters :(

thank God I have sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

OPENROAD wrote: »
    thank God I have sky
    Well as long as my net access is still up, then it's all good.
    Rarely watch tv anyhoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

lol @ panties!

"Yea, ma did ye wash me panties yet?"
    "No, not yet"
    "OH FFS WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR THEN?!"
    "Would ye not just wear the boxers your dad bought ye?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I hear its gonna be nice and sunny tommorow though.I'm gonna get my lilo and head to the park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

gurramok wrote: »
    I know someone on St Helena's near Valeview who got flooded too. Water entering a house does the worst damage apart from a fire of course :)

I'm on a hill over in Valley Park but a bloke down the road had his ground floor flooded. Lost our electricity for a while so we had to go out to get food, decided to drive to Phibsbourogh on the Finglas Rd, very bad decision :(

Usually I enjoy a bit of end of the world type weather but it's gotten a bit extreme this time.

If the Tolka does burst I'd say things will get fairly bad....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement