Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah I'm due to go out there later and even after light showers that road floods so I was wondering what it would be like after yesterday!

Luckily I'm not driving...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Those pics of Santry are mad. Does anyone know how Malahide / Malahide Road beyond Clare Hall is?

Its grand today. I used it myself. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Great thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Magpie!

3 inches of water in my car. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

wet t-shirt comps FTW :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Whats it like now? I've to get back to my flat in Northwood, half thinking of not bothering and staying home in Galway for the night, take tomorrow off? "Sorry boss, I had to... floods!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Proxy wrote: »
    Whats it like now? I've to get back to my flat in Northwood, half thinking of not bothering and staying home in Galway for the night, take tomorrow off? "Sorry boss, I had to... floods!!"
    Northwood seems to be ok. Park gates seem to be closed off however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 suzziebee

Seems I missed all the action. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Magpie!

I've just scooped 40 litres of water out of the inside of my car. :(

I started it, it turned over, water shot out of the exhaust pipe and then it stopped. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Mairt wrote: »
    Just back from a few pints in Campions, Malahide road and as of 2am there's still flooding outside and in the car park.

The lounge was flooded earlier, but drying.

Must have done something to the pints, because they were more beautiful than ever :P

I was in Fallons on the Coombe a few years back. There was a right deluge which caused the culled in Poddle to overflow. It runs right under Fallons and came up through the womens jacks! One woman had an involuntary bidet wash!!

The pints did seem better due to the laugh we had :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Those ****ers who gave out to Frank McCourt after Angela's Ashes saying how dare he say it's always raining in Ireland, should be taken out and have their heads stuck into this ****.

Pricks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Anyone know how Marlay Park is?
    I'm going to the gig on Wednesday, if it's flooded i will be RAGING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

dresden8 wrote: »
    Those ****ers who gave out to Frank McCourt after Angela's Ashes saying how dare he say it's always raining in Ireland, should be taken out and have their heads stuck into this ****.

Pricks
    The same ones that believe FMcC did to the Irish what Hitler did to the Jews, Ireland is a land of Cead Mile Failte and Leprechauns and crocks of gold at the end of the rainbow...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Absolutely pouring rain at the moment, wonder if we are in for a repeat of Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Absolutely pouring rain at the moment, wonder if we are in for a repeat of Saturday?

Not quite. Still going to be plenty of rain in the next couple of hours. Could be enough to test areas that are still recovering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Right looks like its going to be a bad one if this continues, my road is already starting to flood.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

How the hell does the tolka flood that high there? I mean where it passes under the bridge beside the church, its got a good twenty foot of incline to come up before it hits the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Right looks like its going to be a bad one if this continues, my road is already starting to flood.

Ditto to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Whoo Hooo, 'tis started again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I like the rain.

Cleanses us dirty humans.

Mairt wrote: »
    Whoo Hooo, 'tis started again :)

Mocking is catching :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Bambi wrote: »
    How the hell does the tolka flood that high there? I mean where it passes under the bridge beside the church, its got a good twenty foot of incline to come up before it hits the road?

the road dips down in front of the pub and all the water ran down the hill from old finglas road/bon secours hospital etc. The water in tolka was nearly as high as the bridge beside pub/church and drainage channels into river were blocked by high river level i assume

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Here we go again.

Sections of Collins Ave into Finglas Village are flooded.

Friends have called saying the underground car park in their building is flooded.

Will she ever stop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

One thing the last few days shows, is just how poor, a condition drains in Dublin are.

the road dips down in front of the pub and all the water ran down the hill from old finglas road/bon secours hospital etc. The water in tolka was nearly as high as the bridge beside pub/church and drainage channels into river were blocked by high river level i assume

yeah that makes sense, if the waters coming from up the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

The summer that never was.

http://www.met.ie/ says rain,rain,rain...every now and then there will be a bit of sun behind that rain, but mainly it's just good old fashioned rain.
    The weather continues to remain very unsettled with no hope at all of any real improvement this week or over the weekend. Most of the showers will die away tomorrow night and it will be fairly clear through the night-time. Thursday and Friday won't be the wettest days of the week. There will be showers on Thursday but also good dry periods when the weather may be nice and bright and sunny. There will be a good deal of dry bright weather too for the first half of Friday. But then during the day on Friday cloud will increase and outbreaks of rain will start to develop. But it will be over the weekend that the rain will get very heavy once more.

oh, forgot this bit
    During Saturday another Atlantic depression will come close to Ireland. That will give more torrential rain, cloudbursts and downpours and lead on to more flooding.

:rolleyes:

Met.ie wrote:
    The weather continues to remain very unsettled with no hope at all

Well at least they're being honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The N3 and M50 are both flooded. The N3 is under several feet of water and is closed at Blanch so expect big disruption tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow there will be more very heavy rain and thunder and more flooding is expected.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

At least you dont have to work outdoors in it. I spent an hour in a makeshift tent today up the mountains and signing Summertime songs. It was great crack. My Job rocks

I love the rain ! I actually do. Best Summer EVER! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement