Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Grimes wrote: »
    At least you dont have to work outdoors in it. I spent an hour in a makeshift tent today up the mountains and signing Summertime songs. It was great crack. My Job rocks

I love the rain ! I actually do. Best Summer EVER! :D
    ah go chew on a bone or something. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

The Tolka House is your local? Are you over 65?

Get yourself to the Sunnybank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Draupnir wrote: »
    The Tolka House is your local? Are you over 65?

Get yourself to the Sunnybank!

He'd have to be over 80 to get in there :eek:

Don't say things like that about the Sunnybank Adrieanne, you obviously haven't taken in the Tommy Elvis show lately or been in after a Dubs game.

Drop in Saturday evening and I'll be happy to give you a tour and show you a good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I drove past the Tolka House yesterday and there were punters outside having a smoke, seems to be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Drumcondra's in BITS again.

I dropped my 'rents round to Fagans about 2 hours ago. It wasn't raining THAT badly then but Milmount Avenue was flooded and close on being impassible, same with Botanic Avenue.

As I was driving home (for anyone that knows the area), I turned down Ferguson Road I couldn't go the full way cos the dip in the road was flooded. No problem says I, down Hardiman I go. Nope... Flooded to. I had to reverse back up the road (cars parked on either side so no room to turn around) and back onto Homefarm to go down Walsh Road.

It's been raining here mege heavy for the past two hours so I can only see things getting worse.

The Tolka's up on the grass again in Griffth park. Talk about messy.

I hope everyone's well prepared and doesn't get hit too badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Draupnir wrote: »
    Don't say things like that about the Sunnybank Adrieanne, you obviously haven't taken in the Tommy Elvis show lately or been in after a Dubs game.

Drop in Saturday evening and I'll be happy to give you a tour and show you a good time.

I would, but off the alcohol at the moment!

Those baby due tickers freak me out. looks like a compilation of aliens. Babies=cute, foetuses=freaky.

Sure they sell 7up in the Sunnybank!! :)

Anyway, was just up through Violet Hill and that area is fine. Serious flooding on the graveyard side of the road at the entrance to the industrial estate though, opposite the Esso garage, on the Finglas Road.

About a foot of water standing at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tolka Valley Rd at 20:00 this evening..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭captainzapp

no doubt about it, were all going to drown any day now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Where is that water coming from Mairt?

It can't be from the tolka as thats way downhill on the left in the pictures, it must be coming from the St Helena's Rd hill direction piling down onto Tolka Valley rd.

That shore must be blocked and not cleared properly from the last time, surprise surprise.

DCC, are you listening? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

gurramok wrote: »

It can't be from the tolka as thats way downhill on the left in the pictures, it must be coming from the St Helena's Rd hill direction piling down onto Tolka Valley rd.

That shore must be blocked and not cleared properly from the last time, surprise surprise.

No idea tbh, I didn't bother trying to make it through it.

My batteries ran out at this stage, but I arrived there an hour later and it had more than doubled in size.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There's a stream off to the right,now culverted.
    It used to flow through the top of wellmount road and down through what is now valeview and that area.It empties into the Tolka at some point beyond premier square.
    Actually there's a few culverted streams in that area,if there's too much water in em they come to the surface!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Didn't know that Degsy.
    I've trotted thru the south in my youth and never noticed or knew any streams around other than those right beside the Tolka and always wondered where th heck did that stream at Premier come from!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Didn't know that Degsy.
    I've trotted thru the south in my youth and never noticed or knew any streams around other than those right beside the Tolka and always wondered where th heck did that stream at Premier come from!

The one at premier as far as i know used to flow up whats now the dual carraigway.Its what gave finglas its name "fion glass" or clear stream.
    The stream i'm talking about actually rises up jut beyond dunsink,in fact its still visible at dunsink lane,there's a bridge there.t was culverted in the 1960's and runs parallel to the tolka all the way through the dip in the south.

Degsy wrote: »
    The one at premier as far as i know used to flow up whats now the dual carraigway.Its what gave finglas its name "fion glass" or clear stream.
    The stream i'm talking about actually rises up jut beyond dunsink,in fact its still visible at dunsink lane,there's a bridge there.t was culverted in the 1960's and runs parallel to the tolka all the way through the dip in the south.

The massive carpark on higher ground in clearwater/tesco wouldnt help that area either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

ok this thread has convinced me not to come home, it's supposed to be summer ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

any floooding roads again?

giant rain again northside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I haven't read all the threads here, but our village shop has six surf boards left in stock. The supplier is stuck with 2,000 of them. Maybe we'll need them yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I think the radio said that darts from Howth are cancelled due to flooding along the line to Howth Jct.

Traffic here on Dorset St is slow as per usual... smelly boring bus :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Everywhere is starting to flood again here....nice...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Flood alert for Co Clare

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1123/weather.html

The ESB has warned that it will have to release a signigicant amount of water at the Parteen Weir, which will affect many areas downstream, as well as Limerick city.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Flood alert for Co Clare

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1123/weather.html

The ESB has warned that it will have to release a signigicant amount of water at the Parteen Weir, which will affect many areas downstream, as well as Limerick city.

I have locked this thread as it is an old zombie thread. Perhaps the Clare forum would be the best place to post this tetsuo.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=941

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement