Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG - Bernie Mac Dead.

Options
  • 09-08-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I can't believe it. 50 year old actor Bernie Mac (Charlie's Angels, Ocean's 11, 12 etc) is dead after complications with pneumonia.

I'm shocked. He was really funny and really entertaining.

He will be missed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

RIP Bernie

Never found him too funny myself tbh but still sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Perez put up a post last week insinuating that it was actually drugs rather than pneumonia [including such charming lines as "Uh oh, 'pneumonia' and 'exhaustion' and 'dehydration' are usual code for DRUGS" and "Stay off the drugs (if that's what you're doing)]. It was just a typical Perez post at the time but now it looks spectacularly distasteful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

<H2>Comedian Bernie Mac has died after losing his battle with pneumonia.

The 50-year-old passed away on Saturday morning at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois.
    News of the actor's illness emerged last week, but his publicist Danica Smith released a number of statements earlier this week (begs04Aug08) playing down reports of Mac's deteriorating health.
    On Thursday, Smith said Mac was "in a stable condition" and was "responding well to treatment". She even went as far to predict he will be released from hospital within a matter of weeks.
    But the star died on Saturday after experiencing complications from the condition, reports TMZ.com.
    His representative says, "Actor/ comedian Bernie Mac passed away this morning from complications due to pneumonia in a Chicago area hospital. No other details are available at this time. We ask that his family's privacy continues to be respected."
    </H2>
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Stargal wrote: »
    Perez put up a post last week insinuating that it was actually drugs rather than pneumonia [including such charming lines as "Uh oh, 'pneumonia' and 'exhaustion' and 'dehydration' are usual code for DRUGS" and "Stay off the drugs (if that's what you're doing)]. It was just a typical Perez post at the time but now it looks spectacularly distasteful.

I read this and I hope he posts some sort of apology for this.
    Knowing Perez and his love of shocking people, he wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭God Of Radio

This sucks. He was always laughing.

• Advertisement

RIP Bernie

His line to his Momma in Transformers still makes me crack up laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Crap...can't believe that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

I know, it is very sad. I loved his character Pastor Clever from the first Friday movie. "Miss Parker, Miss Parker". The little midget finds him in bed with his wife and runs him out when he returns home early. Very funny. His new movie Soul Men is out in November and Isaac Hayes is in it aswell. Both died within a day of each other. Tragic news. A very funny man. RIP Bernie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 p4poetic

I was watching the Olympics the other morning and the news came on during a news brief. I literally stretched my neck toward the TV and thought what the hell. Deja Vu happened the very next day, watching the Olympics and a news brief about Isaac Haye's passing.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    RIP Bernie

Never found him too funny myself tbh but still sad.

Same, he had his moments but wasn't a favorite of mine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

RIP Bernie

His line to his Momma in Transformers still makes me crack up laughing!
    He's pretty much the highlight of that movie. That scene is the first thing i think of when i hear the name Bernie Mac.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 buffalo bill

Is there more to the story of what happened to him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is there more to the story of what happened to him?
    Nope, he's still dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 buffalo bill

Ok, I guess I walked into that one!

It all seemed very sudden, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Ok, I guess I walked into that one!

It all seemed very sudden, no?

He has had a re-occuring lung issue for quite some time.

Bernie used to run with a few guys that I worksed with back in Chicago. We were all bakery drivers at the time, and he made sure he looked out for all of his friends.

I used to see him when I was (much) younger doing his routine on the corner of State and Madison. I used to think 'this poor lunatic got away from his family', but it is the way that he honed his craft.

He will be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

dont think he was funny at all. And not really a shock. 50 and had a lung disease. Big deal

Advertisement