Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Boxing help!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

what was the site u buoght the key off dude? Its a pain in the arse getting me mates signed up , buying cds etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i got my cd key and my 2 months game card from [Offending site removed.]

there is another site that sells cd-keys from most games, within 5 mins of you buying it. they will provide a download link of the game itself, and also if you want will then post the box of the gmae to your house.. wil ltry and find the link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Copeyhagen, please refrain from posting links to gold selling sites as it is in breech of the EULA and the forum charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

copeyhagen wrote: »
    what i did anti was buy just a wow cd key off a website, ill get their name when im home.

it was like €9.00 for a wow cd key (no tbc) and it came with a free months game time.

you pay by paypal if you want and the site is 100% cool, got my key like 2 mins after.

paid for a 2 month game card fof them too.

when your purchase is complete you click on the order history on their site and there is a jpeg of your cd key.

job done ;)

Looks dodgy to me, could easily be some feen buying copies of wow with a stolen CC. You can always get it direct from the blizzard website, its not that cheap tho, like 20€ for wow, and 20€ for the expansion. I just picked up a box set with tbc from zavvi for 25€.

I have played around with dual boxing for a while, I had two accounts to play horde and alliance on my pvp server (never do that btw, sucks to make friends with people and then find them griefing you on a world boss). I started out with just running one copy on my desktop and one on my laptop, that was very akward as you have to crane your neck to see the screen. I used the 2 wireless keyboard recievers with one keyboard trick to clone key presses and move (I found back then following yourself would constantly cause disconnections). I would constantly have to correct one characters directions to keep them going in the same direction, and i had to have 3 keyboards and 2 mice on my desk with made things confusing.

Understanably I gave up on that system and dual boxing. I got interested again recently out of bordom, this time I decided to try running two clients on one pc and using autohotkey to clone presses. This sytem worked alot better, I had wow running in windowed mode and two narrow windows right next to each other. The disconnections that I got when I folllowed people disappeared so all I had to do was clone spell key presses and some hotkeys for macros like follow and mount.

I was getting a bit bored of this system when recruit a friend came out, I got another account and leveled a druid and mage to 60 in a day and half played and got a 30 alt up to 60 with the free levels instantly. Im getting sick of it now though for a number of reasons, Firstly its a pain to have to open up two clients and start up autohotkey all the time, and constantly have a character following you. Then you have to constantly make sure its following you, you have to accept quests twice, click on flight paths twice, vendor crap loot twice, level first aid twice, clear your quest log twice. You need avoid 50% of quests as they tend to be gather quests, which can be nightmares when your dualboxing (RAF means you can avoid these ;)). Just managing your characters and figuring out whats an update becomes time consuming. Death is a another major pain, if one character happens to die then you need to corpse run that guy while hiding your other one somewhere else. PVP is also quite bad, while 5 shamans oneshotting people makes it look easy, its quite tricky really, espically when your leveling and you have only bother macroing basic heals and damage abilitys. You do have an advantage in numbers, but then again your still going to get pasted by a 70 from time to time.

Thats why Im just going to stick to leveling with RAF and dualboxing, I find the loss of focus from having two characters at once annoying, if wow sometimes feels like work, dualboxing feels like a 3rd job. I can only imagine how much work it takes to manage 5 characters, clearing bags, accepting quests and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Hihi

I've been experimenting with mutliboxing. Already have two accounts, GF has her own account also but with the refer a friend thingy they introduced I got my Son an account as he enjoys playing (he's only 5).

So, have had my two accounts, partners account and my sons account all running from my own computer, along with wotlk beta open twice in the background - all at the same time and everything running perectly fine. No need for multiple computers/monitors et all while using keyclone. All I've done to setup keyclone is, well, nothing really. Just setup macro's on each account to follow the one I'm using as the leader along with a simple /assist macro, that's it, just then mapped the spells to the same keys on each toon.
    All working great and an awful lot of fun :)

However, more recently I've just been dual-boxing to level up druids on one of my accounts which I used to "refer a friend" for my sons account and omfg at the speed of levelling with the triple experience gains.

What I would suggest, if you are going down the road of getting into the multiboxing - is that you use the refer-a-friend promotion Blizzard are doing at the moment as the triple experience gain is fantastic. Keyclone is perfectly fine to use, all it's doing is a software implementation of what can be done with external hardware and passing keystrokes to multiple windows which you assign it to monitor - that's it, nothing dodgy at all.

Seriously considering getting myself setup with a full five accounts now and multiboxing them all from the one computer - it really is an awful lot of fun and very easy to do once you get into it.

As for my computer, nothing special really, self built and running Vista 64 with 8gb RAM - I think that's the thing that helps me the most anyway, the 8GB of RAM installed.

Cheap 3850 ATI gfx card (256 VRAM) used so nothing special there either.

All windows running at 1440 x 900 (WS) but really if I got into it proper I'd run the main window at that resolution and the others at as low as possible a res as you don't really need to look at them most of the time at all. Keyclone also has an option for picture in picture to setup multiple windows on the same screen but I haven't got into that feature yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement