Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fan Behaviour

• 09-08-2008 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

From digitalspy:
    David Tennant walked out of a performance of Catherine Tate's new play after Doctor Who fans started causing disruption, according to a report.

Tate, who played The Doctor's companion Donna Noble in the most recent series, is currently appearing in Under The Blue Sky in London's West End.

Tennant showed his support for his former co-star by turning up for a performance this week, but was reportedly horrified when Who obsessives began singing the show's theme and waving sonic screwdrivers.

"Fans had heard he was going to watch former Doctor Who star Catherine, so they turned up in force, complete with props," a source told the Daily Star. "He was very charming and friendly with them during the interval, but he was rightly disgusted when they disrupted her performance by singing the show's music and waving their sonic screwdrivers.

"Catherine is a pro, so she ignored them. But David knew the only way to stop them was by getting up and leaving."

Tennant is currently appearing in the lead role of a Royal Shakespeare Company production of Hamlet.

What possesses fans to behave in this way? Would anyone here waggle their sonic screwdriver at Catherine Tate if she was on stage playing a different character? It makes me feel a little embarrassed!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Stupid behaviour
    Who in their right mind pays for a ticket and then sings and waves a sonic screwdriver around:mad:
    Gob****es
    Very disrespectful to Catherine Tate

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Fat geeks thats who

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

Haahhahahahah , stupid Dr Who fans.

But i have heard at Hamlet , which has David Tennant (dr who) and Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) they told , who fans and trekkies , not to bring stuff from the show with them to get signed.

i guess just wearing my unifrom will be enough. :)

http://trekmovie.com/2008/07/24/fans-banned-from-bringing-trek-memorabelia-to-stewarts-play/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

But i have heard at Hamlet , which has David Tennant (dr who) and Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) they told , who fans and trekkies , not to bring stuff from the show with them to get signed.

Why are you talking like William Shatner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Haahhahahahah , stupid Dr Who fans.

I'd infract you but then you might think you're important

Just dont come back

• Advertisement
Advertisement