Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floods

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I seen council workers on the N3 there looked like they were closing it again !!! Not 100% sure but looked like it. I would avoid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I seen council workers on the N3 there looked like they were closing it again !!! Not 100% sure but looked like it. I would avoid it.
    If they'd keep the traffic cameras updated we could see :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Been raining for the last 4 hours, I had to go out and uncover the shore in the back garden as the water was ankle deep and at the back door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Been raining for the last 4 hours, I had to go out and uncover the shore in the back garden as the water was ankle deep and at the back door.

Hope it helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

N3 is closed between the blanch exit and the M50 again!!!

Seems like only a matter of time before we get the mad floods again......one more decent shower of rain and its coast guard time

• Advertisement

ok latest update is that they are using the first Blanch sliproad onto the N3 (inbound) the wrong way. That is they are using the lane you normally use to get onto the N3 heading towards town to get the cars off Lake Blanchardstown.

Traffic around the main part of Blanch is madness obviously so avoid if possible. The park still seems ok, so if your heading from D15 into town divert via Castleknock village, into the park and use the Quays.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Lake Blanchardstown.

LOL :D. Ordenance Survey might have to remap the Blanchardstown area. Castleknock apartments would be even more expensive with the new marina. ;)

Seriously though, it's a joke. Absolutely lashing out here again (Clonee) - garden is a big pool once more. And the weekend forecast doesn't seem too good - Saturday is supposed to be very bad again.

It's getting to the stage where I'm looking at the weather forecast to plan my road journeys in and out of the city. In the middle of summer. Madness.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Thaedydal wrote: »

:eek: Oh no, hope you manage to keep it out. :(

Are you saying that the red x area is closed and the arrow is the direction of traffic ?

untitled.JPG

pretty much yeah. Its closed from there down. I think its to past the M50 roundabout. Any yeah thats the direction of the traffic, they're diverting any cars from the N3 up the slip and via Blanch village.

Looked like the rain had stopped there for a bit..........and then lo and behold feckin heavens opened again!

• Advertisement

Photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Pelting rain and now the tellys gone off.:mad:

random wrote: »
    Photos?

I'm going out now to get the missus so i'll see if i can get anything good.

I'm going out now to get the missus so i'll see if i can get anything good.
    Nice one. Call me a disaster junkie but show us the flooding, diversions and what emergency services or council staff are out trying to sort things out. Thanks :)

++ edit - making it sound like New Orleans so I am lol ..

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

random wrote: »
    ++ edit - making it sound like New Orleans so I am lol ..

You mean the authorities will stick their heads in the sand and pretend that nothing's wrong? Actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

I can't believe RTE news has nothing about this, its a joke, they don't give a ****, gormley twat

mcwhirter wrote: »
    I can't believe RTE news has nothing about this, its a joke, they don't give a ****, gormley twat
    Turned on the news myself to see it. I guess it's old news now and it's not gonna match Saturday so why bother?

They're talking about life expectancys in Limerick and Roscommon ffs! Nobody gives a dam !

on now

They're discussing the floods now! Live report from the scene... 2 nice Garda vehicles in the background .. looks impressive. Doesn't tell or show us much of course.

Several fleet of water on the N3 again apparently.

OK, just seen it, i thought it may have been top story though. Is it not more important than roscommon life expectancy.
    Good luck to you all on the N3 in the morning.
    Gormless Gormley is still a twat though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

I was by Hilton Motors, Peregrines and its a huge deep mess again. Water pouring out of the park onto the road.

well its a right mess. pretty much pockets of all of D15 have some element of flooding. The traffic around the N3 is mental so no real chance to get pics for you disaster junkies out there. But according to Met Office, there's more rain to come overnight, though its stopped now. Can see a lot of people not making it into the office in the morning tbh

Can see a lot of people not making it into the office in the morning tbh

Wondering about that myself. If it's the same as Saturday then my road was flooded which meant that I couldn't drive to the train station, although I heard trains were cancelled because of the flooding, and I believe Hartstown Road was flooded, which might mean no buses, which is plan B. There is no plan C.

well its a right mess. pretty much pockets of all of D15 have some element of flooding. The traffic around the N3 is mental so no real chance to get pics for you disaster junkies out there. But according to Met Office, there's more rain to come overnight, though its stopped now. Can see a lot of people not making it into the office in the morning tbh

Do you know if the northbound M50 is moving, I need to use it tonight to get from n7 to n2

No word on the northbound side, but according to a post over on Commuting & Transport the southbound side is closed at Finglas and Ballymun. Here's the thread, maybe someone there will have more info for you.

I know someone just drove from Naas Road Northbound via M50 up Blanch exit and then in toward town. No major flooding anywhere I'm told.

Rain seems to be stopping outside too.

I would expect the N3 to be clear in the moro to be honest, once the rainfall doesn't continue overnight.

emmmm short answer is no

drove over the castleknock bridge and it appears pretty solid. heard on the radio that it was screwed at Ballymun and that was holding it all up. Check AA roadwatch they're normally pretty up to date

emmmm short answer is no

drove over the castleknock bridge and it appears pretty solid. heard on the radio that it was screwed at Ballymun and that was holding it all up. Check AA roadwatch they're normally pretty up to date
    Short answer to what? If the Northbound M50 is busy?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

sssooooooo. . coming from Celbridge in the morning might not be a good idea??? Coming down the N3 navan side to Connolly??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Why would you go via the N3 instead of the N4?

Advertisement