Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floods

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

BostonB wrote: »
    Why would you go via the N3 instead of the N4?

jaypers. and hit the M50?? I think not!!! back roads FTW :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,028 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Anybody know if Clonsilla->Carpenterstown->Mount Sackville Convent->Park->Chapelizod->Kylemore Road is passable?

I have the bloody keys and have to make it in to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

murphaph wrote: »

My advice would be to leave extra early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

ChewChew wrote: »

Both roads cross the M50 so I don't get what your talking about tbh.

murphaph wrote: »
    Anybody know if Clonsilla->Carpenterstown->Mount Sackville Convent->Park->Chapelizod->Kylemore Road is passable?

The floods dissipated in a few hours the last time. So unless it rains all night (not impossible) you won't know till the morning. If my gear drys out, I'll probably cycle again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

I would stay off the back roads tomorrow. I use them from Clonee to Leixlip & Celbridge and they were barely passable at 6 this evening so they will be in a bad way tomrrow.
    I would imagine Confey Rd, Stirling Rd, Rooske Rd will all be closed tomorrow along with Kellys Lane. Clonee to Lucan Rd will be barely passable at Leixlip turnoff IMO.

Both roads cross the M50 so I don't get what your talking about tbh.

I come from Celbridge > Confey > Clonee > N3 > Blanch

ongarite wrote: »
    I would stay off the back roads tomorrow. I use them from Clonee to Leixlip & Celbridge and they were barely passable at 6 this evening so they will be in a bad way tomrrow.
    I would imagine Confey Rd, Stirling Rd, Rooske Rd will all be closed tomorrow along with Kellys Lane. Clonee to Lucan Rd will be barely passable at Leixlip turnoff IMO.

yep this is the route I use. arrgghhh!! I dont know any other way. the M50 will be mental!! :eek:

I come from Celbridge > Confey > Clonee > N3 > Blanch

You said to Connolly. That would seem a very roundabout way to get there. Consider the N3 is heavy at the best of times. You'd have to cross the Liffey twice. That what I was thinking. Has to be a lot longer distance.

You said to Connolly. That would seem a very roundabout way to get there. Consider the N3 is heavy at the best of times. You'd have to cross the Liffey twice. That what I was thinking. Has to be a lot longer distance.

ah crap. . sorry. . my bad. . . I mean Connolly Hospital! :o

• Advertisement

ah...

ah...

Sorry again! :o so I am thinking I should avoid the area in the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well chewchew .. I use part of your route too ... m50 being the only other option. It remains to be seen :confused:

bubby wrote: »
    Well chewchew .. I use part of your route too ... m50 being the only other option. It remains to be seen :confused:

oh no. I cant do it. I just cant!! AARRGGHHH!!! ok i'm off to bed. I will report tomorrow and let you all know how it goes!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Probably meet you on the back roads .. aroundabout ... hmmmm .. the Leixlip turn off :) Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The n3 around blanch was a complete mess ~9pm. Gardai on point diverting outbound n3 traffic through blanch village but the roads aren't big enough to cope with the volume of traffic obviously. Couldn't tell how far back the flooding went, but it certainly cut off the second on/off-ramps outbound.

Northbound m50 from blanch was at a standstill, only the odd truck making it down southbound so I presume the flooding was bad further north.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

N3 open both directions this morning according to AA Roadwatch site. Looks like it didn't rain at all or much overnight, the ground is dryish around here, and my swimming pool is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

But there is lots more on they way:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

Confey flodded this morning but cars going through it, I did anyway. Kellys Lane beside Intel was too deep for me so turned back there.

Well i made it in :D kellystown lane was hectic but i got thru it. It looked worse than it was so i was just watching the cars going through to see if my little bean tin would get past and it did. Confey was too bad, and when i got to the little humpback bridge i didn't bother turning left, and when i looked there was a car stuck right in the middle. All you could see was the windows! But the n3 was clear as was the entrance into connolly hospital!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

yeah, n3 clear.

More rain on the way you mean?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Looks like more rain and possible floods on the way:

Dublin area forecast

General weather warning issued lunchtime today:
    Issued at 15 August 2008 - 12:30
    Warning of Severe Weather.
    Valid from 1500 Friday 15/8/08 to 1200 Monday 18/8/08.

It will be very unsettled and changeable this weekend, with rainbelts set to move in across the country from the Atlantic from time to time, to be followed in turn by brighter more showery weather. The rainfall from the rain-belts and indeed some of the showers, will be heavy, with some thundery downpours at times. Totals in excess of 50mm are likely in some places, with parts of the East, North and West most at risk. The water table remains high and some further flooding can be expected.
    An especially active rainbelt will move in off the Atlantic later today and tonight and will affect much of the country on Saturday, and so this is when the heaviest rainfall episode is likely to occur, with Leinster ( including Dublin), Ulster and parts of Connacht especially at risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Get your sandbags ready folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

kyub wrote: »
    Get your sandbags ready folks!
    I hope this time the various organisations can arrange to send at least one person out to each flooded major road. They don't have to do anything other than stand there and warn people about the flooding and possibly risk to property. I don't feel I'm asking for much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Boggins127

im in swords aint too bad at the moment

Just heard the M50 aint looking too good, but not sure at what part yet!

startin ta rain big tym here say the floods r bad.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Boggins127 wrote: »
    startin ta rain big tym here say the floods r bad.

Boggins, txt spk is not permitted on this forum and it would be greatly appreciated if you would refarin from using it.

Thanks

Zaph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

"And the rain rain rain came rushing down, in rushing writhing rivetlets, till the river jumped right out it's bed..."

Stuck in the house with the kids watching Winne the Pooh movie and watching a re run of last weekends rain and flooding out the window.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Boggins, txt spk is not permitted on this forum and it would be greatly appreciated if you would refarin from using it.

Thanks

Zaph
    Sorry fella

Advertisement