Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 week try out

Options
  • 09-08-2008 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

Having worked with the 5x5 system for quite a while I've now moved on to this - http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=508031 . I'll try to keep to this program as closely as possible over the next 6 weeks then I'm off on holidays. So far I've had two sessions with it:

6/8/08 (3x5 with 60 secs rest)

Deadlift (5,82) (5,82) (5,82)
    Bench press (5,77) (5,77) (5,77)
    Dumbbell row (5,32) (5,32) (5,32)
    Military press (5,37) (5,37) (5,37)
    Front dumbbell raises (5,10) (5,10) (5,10)
    Tricep kickbacks (5,10) (5,10) (5,10)

Need to really increase that deadlift but need to also improve form on it. The last two exercises were brand new to me. I couldn't believe that I couldn't lift any worthwhile weights and my form on the kickbacks was terrible, really was all over the place. I am testing the water with some of these weights as I'm not sure where I'm at with them yet.

9/8/08 (3x8 with 90 secs rest)

Bench press (8,62) (8,62) (8,62)
    Military press (8,37) (8,37) (8,37)
    Single leg split squat Could not complete
    Upright row (8,27) (8,27) (8,27)
    Barbell shrugs (8,62) (8,62) (8,62)
    Chin ups 8,8,5

Split squat was a disaster. First time trying the exercise. My right side was okay but when I tried to do it for the left I just caved in - that is, my legs came towards each other and it did not look healthy. Other than that it was an okay session.

Looking forward to your input guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Week gone since I started eating 100% clean and I've kept to that. Must admit that it's hard to keep it all clean but it's only for this short period. Normally I'd throw in the odd treat or two and I believe that's the way it's got to be, otherwise you'll go mad in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

11/8/08 (2x15 with 120 secs rest)

Bench press
    (15,57) (15,57)
    Dumbbell row (15,20) (15,20)
    Military press (15,31) (10,31)
    Dumbbell lunge Could not complete
    Front dumbbell raises (15,8) (15,8)
    Barbell shrugs (15,57) (15,57)

Totally shattered throughout the session. Struggled through my bench but finally got there in the end. Problem with this was that I never did 15 reps of one exercise before so I wasn't sure exactly where I was at. I think the bench fatigued me too soon but I'm not sure. Rows were okay up to the last couple were I kind of jumped the weight up to try and help me complete the set.

Had too much weight on the press so I'll know next time what I should be lifting roughly. First time doing lunges and, like the split squats, I just couldn't get the hang of them (this was with only 20kg on each bar). Front raises, although a pathetic weight, still kill my arms after about 12. So weak in this area. I could probably up the shrugs again by any few kg.

Any tips welcome!

Advertisement