Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BluRay player.

• 09-08-2008 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for cheap BluRay player. Pixmania have one for €242.50. Anyone know if there is a cheaper one around? I don't really want a fancy one and I'm not too interested BR Live. Just one that simply plays BRs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Dman001 wrote: »
    I'm looking for cheap BluRay player. Pixmania have one for €242.50. Anyone know if there is a cheaper one around? I don't really want a fancy one and I'm not too interested BR Live. Just one that simply plays BRs.

You'd be better off spending a bit extra and buying a PS3. €250 will never be cheap, but you'll always have junk for what you paid, whereas a PS3 will at least have a good resale value. You could prob buy a 2nd hand one for that price too actually.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dman001 wrote: »

Can you post a link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Power City have a Sharp Blu-ray for €249 if that's any addition to you...

linky

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

kearnsr wrote: »
    Can you post a link
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/1345085/art/samsung/lecteur-blu-ray-bd-p1500.html
    Thanks for the link Do-More. I was thinking about a second hand PS3 but there seems to be alot of laser problems with the PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

In fairness i believe the PS3 failure rate is less than 1%? At least that is what is claimed. That seems very low and possibly lower than a blu-ray player you buy.
    However since you can now get a blu-ray player for less than a PS3, better off with the player if you do not care about the other multimedia functions of the PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

You could of course get a blu ray drive for your PC (assuming you have a decent graphics card) and hook that up to you TV.

I got an LG Blu-ray / HD-DVD recently which cost approx €125 inc. delivery

Thread here.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I was thinking of doing that but I'd have to update the graphics card and my PC is quite noisy.

Advertisement