Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ads on the back of till rolls in tesco & dunnes?

Options
  • 09-08-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi,

What does any1 think of advertizing on the back of the till-rolls/receipts that you get with your shopping in Tesco; Dunnes & others?

Have any of ye done it ? if so what was the response like? did you think it was worth the investment & did it pay for itself?

Only asking 'cos we're constantly being called - at least once a week anyhow - about this type of advertising & the boss thinks it's a great way to advertise given that it'd cover a wide area over a 3mth period.... i'm not convinced but then i don't go shopping much :D:D:D:D:D:D

jasper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Hi

I used advertise heavily using this method in Australia, its very big over there and all sorts of people pay attention to the ads etc, I'm not sure if the effect is the same in Ireland, very much depends on what your advertising I think, and if your offering specials upon the customer producing your ad.

Can you do it just from one location? (i.e. Tesco Finglas only) I did this option in Oz and it was very cheap for the additional business I got out of it.

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭JasperKat

Hammertime wrote: »
    Can you do it just from one location? (i.e. Tesco Finglas only)
    Thanks for your reply hammertime, the locations are split into specific regions covering a group of stores (ie region 1 is TESCO - Kilbarrack, Artaine Castle, Balbriggan & Clare Hall; SUPER VALU - Balbriggan & Killester; CENTRA - Kilbarrack) which sounds good for a cost of approx. €775.00.

Our target market is residential customers mainly so it'd probably be of interest to most ppl, particularly if we give something away free or offer a discount! Maybe i might have to eat my words !

Anyone else tried it here in ireland?

Jasper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

chance your arm and offer them 50% of what they are charging to do it on a one month pilot, then on the basis that if it brings in a predetermined number of new customers that you'll commit to doing it for 6 months (or some such agreed period)

Thats a fair compromise and if they are that confident about the benefits of this form of advertising its hard for them to turn you down.

On the flip side, you could have some flyers printed up yourself and pay someone 50 quid to stand outside the busiest supermarket near your business for 5 hours every Fri and Sat for a month handing them out, and still have change from €775. And I'd venture that this method might be more effective depending on what products/services your offering.

(for example mine was for advertising my cinema and we did a bogof on midweek movies on the back of the receipt - it was a big success, but if you tried to get people to ring about landscape gardeding etc I personally wouldn't feel your get much success)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

How long does the €775.00 cover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭JasperKat

chat2joe, it lasts from like about 29th sept to nov.24th i think & they say 'the number of YOUR coupon distributed over that period of time is 502,500'...

Hammertime, we did pay someone to deliver a few leaflets nearby when we first started but it wasn't a roaring success... i'd love to stand outside the supermarket & hand out leaflets but it'd just not be possible cos the supermarket's on private land & they only allow it for charity purposes, unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

Thanks again for your replies.

Jasper

• Advertisement
Advertisement